Knight criticized Wooden

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Just seems that Knight is continuing to say things in an attempt  to keep himself relevant.  Such as his statement not that long ago..... wishing all previous IU admins to be dead.

Here he is again, talking about events that happened decades ago. 

People are always bringing up stories on him...I have heard about the chair toss so many times I could recite it by memory and that was over 30 yrs ago

I'm not sure what brought the comments on but Bobby is absolutely correct. Wooden was a cheater on a level that makes the coaches people complain about today look like amateurs by comparison and I'm glad someone is finally being honest about him even if it is Knight. If there is anything to complain about here, it is that Knight didn't go far enough with his comments. 

10 minutes ago, hoosierBGH said:

I'm not sure what brought the comments on but Bobby is absolutely correct. Wooden was a cheater on a level that makes the coaches people complain about today look like amateurs by comparison and I'm glad someone is finally being honest about him even if it is Knight. If there is anything to complain about here, it is that Knight didn't go far enough with his comments. 

Amen.  Knight knew, as well as every other coach at the time.  

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Amen.  Knight knew, as well as every other coach at the time.  

Yes, they did. Didn't Digger Phelps get into some hot water over comments about cheaters when he was at Notre Dame? I recall Wooden making some public comments about Knight on more than one occasion and it always surprised me that Knight never responded to it. 

2 hours ago, hoosierBGH said:

Yes, they did. Didn't Digger Phelps get into some hot water over comments about cheaters when he was at Notre Dame? I recall Wooden making some public comments about Knight on more than one occasion and it always surprised me that Knight never responded to it. 

Well Bob usually waited for dominoes to fall and then he would speak up.  

4 hours ago, hoosierBGH said:

Or maybe waited about 40 years too long to start talking about it?

1 hour ago, Mac said:

Or maybe waited about 40 years too long to start talking about it?

Yeah. Bobby is not saying anything, avid followers of college basketball have not known for years.

Bobby.... under the influence of the power of negative thinking, in order to keep himself relevant, in an era that has passed him by. 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Yeah. Bobby is not saying anything, avid followers of college basketball have not known for years.

Bobby.... under the influence of the power of negative thinking, in order to keep himself relevant, in an era that has passed him by. 

My opinion of Knight would raise up considerably if, for just for a couple of hours, he would deign himself to make an appearance at Assembly Hall at a game. Any appearance at any game. Walk to the sideline and give a wave. The fans would treat him like royalty.

But, no, he prefers to have a ongoing tantrum about people who are long gone and sometimes dead.

And here are 3 videos from the show.  I present these to HSN 3.0 as informational material only.  Not as an endorsement. Let the words of Knight speak on their own.

Undeniable with Joe Buck - Bobby Knight not a fan of John Wooden - YouTube

Undeniable with Joe Buck - Bobby Knight on Leaving Indiana - YouTube

Undeniable Show with Joe Buck - Bobby Knight on Graduation - YouTube

I've never understood a few things on Knight. 

1) Why does it bother people if there are those of us who will forever be loyal and grateful to what he did for IU. In a bit of irony...Query and Schultz spent a good amount of time discussing why they wouldn't be talking about Knight anymore. Pretty funny.

2) Knight not coming back isn't some personal attack at the fans. If you've ever felt wrongly fired or maybe divorced or whatever the case might be....why do people think you should come back and say thanks?? I lost a position once. I've moved on since it was over 20 years ago but I can guarantee you when I see my former boss I'm not running up to him and catching up.

Regarding Wooden. I'm still shocked when people just find out about Wooden/Gilbert. Wooden's a cheat. Always has been. No other way to spin it. One other thing...haven't noticed any former UCLA greats coming to Wooden's defense yet? These comments have out for 72 hours. Just waiting on Walton to say something.....but there really isn't anything to say I guess.

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Regarding Wooden. I'm still shocked when people just find out about Wooden/Gilbert. Wooden's a cheat. Always has been. No other way to spin it. One other thing...haven't noticed any former UCLA greats coming to Wooden's defense yet? These comments have out for 72 hours. Just waiting on Walton to say something.....but there really isn't anything to say I guess.

Walton is in China.  Looks like he will be doing color for the game.  Must see tv for me, to see if mentions anything.

OnScene: Bill Walton steals the show in China

By the way,  the 3 stole sunglasses. 

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've never understood a few things on Knight. 

1) Why does it bother people if there are those of us who will forever be loyal and grateful to what he did for IU. In a bit of irony...Query and Schultz spent a good amount of time discussing why they wouldn't be talking about Knight anymore. Pretty funny.

2) Knight not coming back isn't some personal attack at the fans. If you've ever felt wrongly fired or maybe divorced or whatever the case might be....why do people think you should come back and say thanks?? I lost a position once. I've moved on since it was over 20 years ago but I can guarantee you when I see my former boss I'm not running up to him and catching up.

To me him not coming back for the championship teams reunion is a slap in the face to all of those players who busted their butt for him.  Also non of the people who had anything to do with his firing is no longer there so he wouldn't have to see those people.

41 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

My guess. No one gets arrested for the first time they do something. 

Not that simple in China. Unless the U.S. gets involved, and something gets fast tracked, based on what I am learning.

In terms of Walton, relative to this thread.... it will be interesting to see if he defends Wooden, after Knight's comments.  And then of course there is the shop lifting thing.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Walton was part of the corruption.  And who cares what he says anyway?  LOL

Archived