Knight criticized Wooden

4 hours ago, rico said:

Yep......but at least Walton learned to tie his shoes from Wooden!  LOL

That, plus it was how to put his socks on properly.  Walton talked about how, at the first practice of every year.... Wooden would instruct the entire team on how to put their socks on, in order not to hurt their feet.  Walton spent four years hearing that.... and only years after ,appreciated the lesson. It wasn't the socks instruction that Walton appreciated, but rather Wooden's attention to detail. 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

That, plus it was how to put his socks on properly.  Walton talked about how, at the first practice of every year.... Wooden would instruct the entire team on how to put their socks on, in order not to hurt their feet.  Walton spent four years hearing that.... and only years after ,appreciated the lesson. It wasn't the socks instruction that Walton appreciated, but rather Wooden's attention to detail. 

You mean Gilbert"s attention to detail!!!!!!!  LOL

13 minutes ago, rico said:

You mean Gilbert"s attention to detail!!!!!!!  LOL

Long before the "Wheels for Heels" program at UNC.... there was "Gilbert's Cars for Bruins".   And Wooden never questioned how or why his players were pulling up to Pauley in brand new luxury cars.  Wooden.... the inventor of "Plausible Deniability".   Oh, oh.... I must report this..... on second thought....."I see nothing."

I See Nothing - Sgt Schultz - YouTube

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Long before the "Wheels for Heels" program at UNC.... there was "Gilbert's Cars for Bruins".   And Wooden never questioned how or why his players were pulling up to Pauley in brand new luxury cars.  Wooden.... the inventor of "Plausible Deniability".   Oh, oh.... I must report this..... on second thought....."I see nothing."

I See Nothing - Sgt Schultz - YouTube

LMAO!!!!!

10 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Not that simple in China. Unless the U.S. gets involved, and something gets fast tracked, based on what I am learning.

In terms of Walton, relative to this thread.... it will be interesting to see if he defends Wooden, after Knight's comments.  And then of course there is the shop lifting thing.

What I meant was this wasn't these 3 kids first time at shoplifting. Regardless of location.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Guess my explaining/sarcasm requires additional explaining. What I meant (again) is that they've done this before and probably not caught. You just don't wake up one day and say I'm going shoplifting.

Hope this helps.

LOL........I get it now!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, hoosierBGH said:

Yes, Walton has admitted on numerous occasions during broadcasts that he was paid to play at UCLA and otherwise taken care of by Gilbert. 

The thing about it is that most of the former players "brag" about it.  But yet Wooden is revered.  

Archived