Random Oddities

Billingsley99

2 things happened this week they were odd and kind of funny so I will share it here.

I hit and killed a squirrel yesterday in my truck as I was driving through the parking lot of the Franklin Animal Hospital.  I was going to rush it in but I think it was too late for him.

Today i was driving behind a little old lady and i just hate passing older drivers that drive slow.  I was behind her several miles and noticed something that literally made me LOL  . Her handicap license plate had the wheelchair then the following DO 69 ME

When I got to the intersection and she turned I waved at the 85+ year old year grandmother and thought thanks for making my day

7 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

How the mighty have fallen. I was at the first 400 in 1994, and it was on par with any 500.

Depending on who  you speak with (not me) some would say Brickyard was bigger in late 90's/early 2000's. Not sure if it's the time of year, the stars retiring or just a combination of those along with boring racing. I've not been back since the tire fiasco. Wish it was attended more but that's a Nascar problem not an Indy problem. Maybe next year having it on 4th weekend will help.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Depending on who  you speak with (not me) some would say Brickyard was bigger in late 90's/early 2000's. Not sure if it's the time of year, the stars retiring or just a combination of those along with boring racing. I've not been back since the tire fiasco. Wish it was attended more but that's a Nascar problem not an Indy problem. Maybe next year having it on 4th weekend will help.

I was at every 400 from 94-02. It was packed every year, but nothing matched the feeling from 94, IMO.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Nascar has attendance issues across the board...

On 9/7/2019 at 8:26 AM, Zlinedavid said:

I was at every 400 from 94-02. It was packed every year, but nothing matched the feeling from 94, IMO.

To me the prerace festivities leading up to the 500, first lap,etc....will always be my favorite time in any motor sport. I will say this (biased as Tony fan) the Brickyard in 2005 was as electric as it gets for a race/finish and celebration. Was in the infield in turn 2 directly across from Tony's suite when he stopped. Just an awesome day. 

Archived