Eastern Illinois Game Thread

KDB

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thoughts at half. 

Obvious that Coach worked on tackling.  He said it was correctable. And it showed in the first half. Plus the blitz. And other good things happening on D.

The O line. Did not shine the first game. Got mad.  And opened holes that were not there last week.

As a result. Stevie got his mojo back.

Cupcake or not.  IU did what they needed to do. As the great Colonial Crestor commented on... we have watched many games where our Hoosiers played down to cupcakes. Today... Hoosiers are getting it done. Playing up, rather down to the competition. I have been let down in other seasons. But not today.

And I was going to say that Penix's first half performance may have earned him a second half seat on the bench.  Coach was thinking ahead of me. Putting Ramsey in for the last series of the first half.

Cupcake or not. I am pleased with our performance. Going into next week's battle with the Bucks. And I, for one am enjoying this game.

44 minutes ago, Indykev said:

So much for the kid isn't a Hoosier because he was one and done. Clowns.

I've said it since he was a sophomore in high school.  Romeo is not your typical elite athlete.  As humble a young man as you will ever find.  I have no idea why some people that have no experience with him other than seeing him play on TV feel that they know enough about him to judge.  The truth is that someone would struggle mightily to find a single person, just one, who lives within 50 miles of New Albany that would have something bad to say about him.

4 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

This is has been missing over the past few years. Not simply beating a team we should have beaten, but destroying them. That was pure and utter annihilation. And DAMN it felt good.

Doing what the traditional power house programs have done for years. Something we haven't seen at IU, ever before.

And as Parakeet posted.... looks like we came out injury free.

Yes. I loved it.  Largest margin of victory in Memorial Stadium history. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

When the last time IU was 3 deep at the QB and RB...with talent 

RB, you could make a case for 2015. Howard, Redding and D'Angelo Roberts. Roberts wasn't going to set the world on fire, but he was a decent enough backup.

QB....have we ever been 3 deep at QB?

Archived