Eastern Illinois Game Thread

KDB

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

In-Laws versus IU Sports.  They put locks on the front door for a reason.   :coffee:

I remember when they still lived in Louisiana that they were driving in one night when IU had a basketball game. I asked my wife what time they were getting in. She said she didn’t know and I told her they better get in before the game started if they wanted any help carrying stuff in. That was not my wife’s favorite thing I ever said. 

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I remember when they still lived in Louisiana that they were driving in one night when IU had a basketball game. I asked my wife what time they were getting in. She said she didn’t know and I told her they better get in before the game started if they wanted any help carrying stuff in. That was not my wife’s favorite thing I ever said. 

Don't get me started,  I was driving to the in-laws during the Wat-Shot game.....because my wife was late getting ready for the trip.  I almost wrecked the car when Fisch screamed it went in, but man, that was one I would have like to actually see it happen.  

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

What all did he have to say?  The in laws were over so I had the volume turned down while we were eating and missed his interview. 

I don't remember all of it, but something along the line of how IU had 5 ADs in 8 years and he's been here 11 years. Fred offers stability to the sports programs. Since Fred is an attorney, the jury is still out.....

1 hour ago, PhinithreeMagic said:

He had two dropped actually on the same set of downs. Looked really solid for a freshman IMO.

Concur. Solid for a freshman. Still a freshman, but solid. You can tell he has a lot more natural ability than Ramsey, but Ramsey's a lot more polished at this point. I'm glad all 3 got in. It cleared up any lingering questions about the QB depth chart. I think the coaches got it dead on.

10 hours ago, 5fouls said:

In-Laws versus IU Sports.  They put locks on the front door for a reason.   :coffee:

Just out of curiosity, how do you deal with all of your ex in laws? Still friendly with most? Some you probably barely got to know. From what I heard about a few of your exes, some in laws probably love you more than their daughters. 

13 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

RB, you could make a case for 2015. Howard, Redding and D'Angelo Roberts. Roberts wasn't going to set the world on fire, but he was a decent enough backup.

QB....have we ever been 3 deep at QB?

Yes, when they had Tre Roberson, Nate Sudfeld, and Cameron Coffman. What was it; 2013-ish?

2 hours ago, Reacher said:

Just out of curiosity, how do you deal with all of your ex in laws? Still friendly with most? Some you probably barely got to know. From what I heard about a few of your exes, some in laws probably love you more than their daughters. 

It makes for a very large Christmas Card list.  

20 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Total power run.  By Philyor.

at the end of that run #9 for eiu intentionally hits whop hard, helmet to helmet. he should have been ejected. lucky whop didn't get a concussion. don't know how refs missed that one. i think this season, they can even review the hit and then assess a penalty

21 minutes ago, coachv said:

for $8 a pop

Same as at the University of Wyoming, unless one wants a premium beer which is $ 10.00.  I once went through the process, just to see how they do it. First line up where they check your driver's license. They give you  little ticket for the next line. That's where you get a wrist ban, good for two beers.  I am like you. Thought $ 8.00 was  bit high. But I will admit the cup was big. 

9 hours ago, coachv said:

at the end of that run #9 for eiu intentionally hits whop hard, helmet to helmet. he should have been ejected. lucky whop didn't get a concussion. don't know how refs missed that one. i think this season, they can even review the hit and then assess a penalty

Yes!! I thought I was the only one who saw that.. missed call for sure. 

Archived