Players prevented from reaching their potential

Here's a weird one because his 2nd season was so magical but Jay Edwards for me. Even to this day he's one of all my time favorites but felt like if he wouldn't have left early and stuck around 2 more seasons....not only would IU hung another title but he would have had a very successful and rich NBA career. 

Injuries-Gordon, Romeo, Creek and of course Landon which still breaks my heart for that guy today. 

9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's a weird one because his 2nd season was so magical but Jay Edwards for me. Even to this day he's one of all my time favorites but felt like if he wouldn't have left early and stuck around 2 more seasons....not only would IU hung another title but he would have had a very successful and rich NBA career. 

Injuries-Gordon, Romeo, Creek and of course Landon which still breaks my heart for that guy today. 

Jay Edwards...😪 Honestly there were so many for many reasons. Let’s just hope to not have any knew names to list for awhile.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

If Scott May does not break his left arm against Purdue. No way IU loses a first round NCAA game to UK by just two points.

I thought that was in an elite 8 game and not a 1st round game.  Back then there were byes so I doubt that IU team even played in the first round.

There are conflicting reports whether he had actually selected IU over Illinois and DePaul at the time of his murder, but regardless, Ben Wilson’s death was tragic and senseless. Some say the best HS player ever in Illinois. Described as a really good  person, he was also reportedly “Magic Johnson with a jump shot”

25 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

There are conflicting reports whether he had actually selected IU over Illinois and DePaul at the time of his murder, but regardless, Ben Wilson’s death was tragic and senseless. Some say the best HS player ever in Illinois. Described as a really good  person, he was also reportedly “Magic Johnson with a jump shot”

From watching the 30/30 on Wilson it did say RMK came into see him but never said anything on where he would have gone.  From watching the show I would have thought he would have went to UI because of his strong friendship with Anderson who went to UI.

Archived