Cam Hayes

The Daily Hoosier

11 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
The quest for a 2020 PG continues for IU.  Now officially a 2021 to 2020 reclass, IU has entered the mix.

Very nice. Good article and thanks for posting. Sounds like we have ground to make up but as you said if we can get a visit....maybe he's still open??

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Very nice. Good article and thanks for posting. Sounds like we have ground to make up but as you said if we can get a visit....maybe he's still open??

I don't think you enter this late unless you have some level of understanding that they are receptive.  Similar to like a Lester Quinones type of situation where IU was able to make up significant ground late, albeit not with the desired outcome.  One person told me this AM that Tennessee's exit kind of opened the door here.

3 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I don't think you enter this late unless you have some level of understanding that they are receptive.  Similar to like a Lester Quinones type of situation where IU was able to make up significant ground late, albeit not with the desired outcome.  One person told me this AM that Tennessee's exit kind of opened the door here.

Why is he reclassifying? I don’t see OAD status here. Does he want to get to the NBA sooner? I agree we want another pg for our roster but I can’t help but wonder if this kids goals meet up with ours. Guess Archie knows best.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Why is he reclassifying? I don’t see OAD status here. Does he want to get to the NBA sooner? I agree we want another pg for our roster but I can’t help but wonder if this kids goals meet up with ours. Guess Archie knows best.

This is just a guess. Reading some of the tea leaves regarding Lander it appears while he is very interested in IU he also wants IU to have NBA type talent there when he gets there. Cam might not be OAD but having a kid like him, TJD, Hunter (if healthy) all sitting there when the 2021 elites come decision time won't hurt.

Could be a reach on my part regarding Lander. Either way...if we get a chance to get a top 30 kid on the roster....we do it. 

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This is just a guess. Reading some of the tea leaves regarding Lander it appears while he is very interested in IU he also wants IU to have NBA type talent there when he gets there. Cam might not be OAD but having a kid like him, TJD, Hunter (if healthy) all sitting there when the 2021 elites come decision time won't hurt.

Could be a reach on my part regarding Lander. Either way...if we get a chance to get a top 30 kid on the roster....we do it. 

Not doubting you, just wondering where you're getting your tea leaves.  Obviously Caleb Love made the comment that his relationship with Indiana comes down to who else is on the roster.  But I haven't seen anything like that with Lander.  

17 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Not doubting you, just wondering where you're getting your tea leaves.  Obviously Caleb Love made the comment that his relationship with Indiana comes down to who else is on the roster.  But I haven't seen anything like that with Lander.  

Purely a vibe. Nothing specific. 25+ years of following IU recruiting sometimes you just get a feel. This isn't to be interpreted as anything other than just message board talk....and honestly if I was him I'd want to make sure the team I'm headed for is established, ton of talent, making tourney runs,etc...

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Sounds like he was originally a 2020 before dropping back to 2021 but now feels like he is ready to be a 2020 again.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Why is he reclassifying? I don’t see OAD status here. Does  he want to get to the NBA sooner? I agree we want another pg for our roster but I can’t help but wonder if this kids goals meet up with ours. Guess Archie knows best.

It is usually more about two things.  1.  You have to be far along enough in your education to do it.  That eliminates it as an option for many.  2.  You believe you are far enough along in your game that you can compete at the college level now while also developing faster because you are going against much higher level competition.  I don't think it is really about OAD or the NBA specifically, although it is part of accelerating development towards that ultimate goal.

51 minutes ago, IU4Ever said:

Got it. Originally a 2020 kid and moving back into that class. Good to know. So...UNC and Louisville are two recruits high up in the Love recruitment as well. I imagine they can only land one. PG position is about to heat up here soon for us it seems. Maybe a big will wait til spring when we know more about our roster.

20 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Just the way I like it. Commits less than a week after his official visit.  And stay true to his state.

One down.  One less for Archie to concentrate on.

Hopefully we will have one of our in state recruits commit to us in a few days after his visit this weekend.

14 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Hopefully we will have one of our in state recruits commit to us in a few days after his visit this weekend.

Dont get your Hope's up. I hope I am wrong but I feel those will get drawn out a little longer.  I have heard and I take it with a grain of salt. We will sign a 21 before our next 20 commits. In the end I think we get both Kaufman and Lander

11 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Dont get your Hope's up. I hope I am wrong but I feel those will get drawn out a little longer.  I have heard and I take it with a grain of salt. We will sign a 21 before our next 20 commits. In the end I think we get both Kaufman and Lander

It's interesting to watch.  It seems we lead for our top 21 targets.  If this team shoots out the gate looking good,  i could see some momentum building.  

Just read TDH Kaufman article stating most likely a summer commit.  I don't ask the family out of respect because I'm sure they get asked all the time.   If mom wants to tell me something she can but any info I get is usually second or 3rd hand from community or lower level coaches around the creek.  Sounds promising but he's taking his time.  I say in the meantime, just win baby. 

24 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

It's interesting to watch.  It seems we lead for our top 21 targets.  If this team shoots out the gate looking good,  i could see some momentum building.  

Just read TDH Kaufman article stating most likely a summer commit.  I don't ask the family out of respect because I'm sure they get asked all the time.   If mom wants to tell me something she can but any info I get is usually second or 3rd hand from community or lower level coaches around the creek.  Sounds promising but he's taking his time.  I say in the meantime, just win baby. 

I think you are absolutely correct.  Winning cures many ills

Archived