9/11/2001

rico

48 minutes ago, rico said:

Pull our people out of there and reduce that country to ruble.  Make it look like Berlin.

I understand your feeling, but I can't go there. I know many Muslim refugees from more than one war (Afghanistan and Kosovo), even those I call friend! My friend from Kosovo has talked about how like Christianity with it's seemingly thousands of denominations, Islam has 4 main belief systems. We've all heard about the Shiite's and the Sunnis,  but it seems the other two we don't hear about are much more moderate. He is very vocal about his dislike of ISIS and the Taliban! Keep in mind, in Kosovo, it was the extremist Orthodox Christians that executed my friends best friend "In the name of Christ" 

Extremism, is the real great evil!

I can't except genocide in any form!  

26 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I understand your feeling, but I can't go there. I know many Muslim refugees from more than one war (Afghanistan and Kosovo), even those I call friend! My friend from Kosovo has talked about how like Christianity with it's seemingly thousands of denominations, Islam has 4 main belief systems. We've all heard about the Shiite's and the Sunnis,  but it seems the other two we don't hear about are much more moderate. He is very vocal about his dislike of ISIS and the Taliban! Keep in mind, in Kosovo, it was the extremist Orthodox Christians that executed my friends best friend "In the name of Christ" 

Extremism, is the real great evil!

Nazi Germany and Japan had good people too.  The governments in charge needed to be brought down.

11 minutes ago, rico said:

Nazi Germany and Japan had good people too.  The governments in charge needed to be brought down.

This I can agree with!

I have an in-law relative who's Uncle was a Japanese Translator during WW2.  He was born in Japan, but chose to do for America, what America would allow him to do during the war! Remember him talking of internment camps!!

6 minutes ago, rico said:

That's the confusing and quite frankly, the scary part. ISIS and similar organizations aren't governmental entities in and of themselves. They're decentralized, cellular organizations. Sure, there are factions that wield more influence than others, but there's no true hierarchy.

I agree that there are governments that may either actively support or turn a blind eye to these organizations, and they should be dealt with appropriately. But, these organizations aren't reliant upon any governmental support for their existence. It's a convenience, not a necessity.

Carpet bombing one region or one country isn't going to eliminate the problem,as surviving cells that have been dispursed geographically will pick back up.

The only way to combat them (in my opinion) is with like tactics. Infiltrate, expose and destroy. If we have suspicions that a group operating in X area has done harm to our citizens, put all guerrilla and "special" tactics on the table, regardless of where the cell is at. Keep cells from growing and the overall movement stops.

How? I have no friggin' idea. Can we bring Jason Bourne to life?

5 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

That's the confusing and quite frankly, the scary part. ISIS and similar organizations aren't governmental entities in and of themselves. They're decentralized, cellular organizations. Sure, there are factions that wield more influence than others, but there's no true hierarchy.

I agree that there are governments that may either actively support or turn a blind eye to these organizations, and they should be dealt with appropriately. But, these organizations aren't reliant upon any governmental support for their existence. It's a convenience, not a necessity.

Carpet bombing one region or one country isn't going to eliminate the problem,as surviving cells that have been dispursed geographically will pick back up.

The only way to combat them (in my opinion) is with like tactics. Infiltrate, expose and destroy. If we have suspicions that a group operating in X area has done harm to our citizens, put all guerrilla and "special" tactics on the table, regardless of where the cell is at. Keep cells from growing and the overall movement stops.

So I live near Ft Benning GA, one day I'm hiking in FDR State Park and I come up upon another hiker. We strike up an open conversation, since he and I had history of working 0n the Fort!  He  started talking about why he had been brought to the Fort. He said because of his vast experience working in Afghanistan and Iraq, they brought him In to teach recruits how to interact with the locals! Gave me an example, said the Taliban taught  the locals, the reason American soldiers always wore helmets, was to hide their HORNS! YES THIS IS THE ETREMISIM OF THE TALIBAN!!!! 

3 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

So I live near Ft Benning GA, one day I'm hiking in FDR State Park and I come up upon another hiker. We strike up an open conversation, since he and I had history of working 0n the Fort!  He  started talking about why he had been brought to the Fort. He said because of his vast experience working in Afghanistan and Iraq, they brought him In to teach recruits how to interact with the locals! Gave me an example, said the Taliban taught  the locals, the reason American soldiers always wore helmets, was to hide their HORNS! YES THIS IS THE ETREMISIM OF THE TALIBAN!!!! 

And why do the Taliban wrap towels around their heads?

26 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Meh, you take over the country/countries where the cells exist to start with.  

4 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

The UK?

There's quite a bit of terrorist activity that passes through there. It's not ground zero, but there's been more than one tangental tie back.

Hows about Iran, Iraq, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Lebanon for starters?  Then we turn our sights to the UK, France, and of course Russia.

4 hours ago, Drroogh said:

This I can agree with!

I have an in-law relative who's Uncle was a Japanese Translator during WW2.  He was born in Japan, but chose to do for America, what America would allow him to do during the war! Remember him talking of internment camps!!

Did he serve with the famed 442nd infantry?  What the Japanese done in Italy at that time deserves much respect.  

Sitting in the school library at Linton Stockton High School about to start my day. As a former history teacher this day had always given me an opportunity to try and remember those lost, the heroes and how our nation came together.  My last couple years teaching the kids were too young to remember that day.  May no one ever forget it. GOD BLESS OUR NATION 

Was going to ask what everyone on here was doing on that day. 

I vividly remember being in 8th grade Spanish class. Teacher got a knock on the door and went out in the hallway. Came back in crying and none of us had any clue what was going on. Principal came over the loudspeaker and told us. Some teachers turned on the TV’s for us some didn’t. 

I remember going home after school and all but maybe 2 channels were showing the footage. Crazy 

Archived