TDH opines on Coach Miller's recruiting

milehiiu

26 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

10 x 0 = 0.......hmmmmm 

Really!!! You mean your site isn’t billing me on my CC under HSN?? Maybe I need to talk to my wife lol!

People pay attention!!! If you are currently paying for your IU info folks you are paying to much! Takes less then 15 minutes to start saving today! 🤣

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Really!!! You mean your site isn’t billing me on my CC under HSN?? Maybe I need to talk to my wife lol!

People pay attention!!! If you are currently paying for your IU info folks you are paying to much! Takes less then 15 minutes to sign up! 🤣

I understand that putting hard work to gather IU information behind a paywall is substantiated at times.

However, what really bothers me, is when information that is or becomes public information is put behind a paywall.

TDH. Has expenses. However he does not choose to put his "stuff" behind a paywall. And he is  a hard working individual when it comes to IU as we all have come to know and appreciate.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

In related news to my last post I just found out HSN is short for the Home Shopping Network....hmm. My wife has some splaining to do!

That's true.  When Hoosier Sports Nation was first started as HSN1, the mods at that time struggled with that thought. But we forged ahead.

HSN..... forever !

13 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I understand that putting hard work to gather IU information behind a paywall is substantiated at times.

However, what really bothers me, is when information that is or becomes public information is put behind a paywall.

TDH. Has expenses. However he does not choose to put his "stuff" behind a paywall. And he is  a hard working individual when it comes to IU as we all have come to know and appreciate.

Had a high school coach of a recent IU commit tell me this summer that he hates how all of the recruiting stories about teenage kids are hidden behind paywalls.  He said both the players and coaches want to be be able to share the info but it is a waste because of the paywalls.  

Just now, The Daily Hoosier said:

Had a high school coach of a recent IU commit tell me this summer that he hates how all of the recruiting stories about teenage kids are hidden behind paywalls.  He said both the players and coaches want to be be able to share the info but it is a waste because of the paywalls.  

That's a shame.  They need to learn who won't put an interview behind a paywall. Like you, and other members of HSN.  And refuse interview requests from those known to hide stuff behind paywalls. 

3 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Can the player or the coach simply not 'summarize' what they said in the paywall article and put it on Facebook or other social media.  After all, I have more rights to my own words than 'fill in the blank' recruiting site.

3 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Now more than ever people have more control over their message. With Twitter, instagram, Facebook live stream etc anyone can get their message out. While I agree it’s frustrating that these writers are putting their content behind a paywall and making money off them these kids could easily sit down and do a live stream and take questions from fans all over the country and answer questions about different coaches, programs, what they are working on etc. I’m surprised the most popular doesn’t considering how many followers they have. Honestly these paywall writers are going to go the way of the dodo bird soon. They will get squeezed out. I think TDH is positioning himself the right way.

Archived