Penix is Questionable for OSU

18 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Yeah...I just watched CTA's video explaining the current situation with Penix. As expected, he was very, very vanilla and "matter of fact" about the injury. I heard him mention Michael is "going through some rehab"... A reporter asked if it was an upper or lower body and coach quickly answered, "I'd rather not comment on that." The two positives I got from CTA was, "It's not long term" and "It's a gametime decision." 

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

Maybe a little gamesmanship on our part to make them prepare for 2 different styles of QB?

Just based on the couple things I read about it, I would be really surprised if Penix doesn't start.

I think it is more than that.  I don't believe Penix has been throwing much/if at all this week and Ramsey has taken first team reps based on what I've heard.

My guess is Ohio St would prepare for primary but also backup qb each week. Maybe not in same percentages but they would cover. Really a shame if he can't suit up. Looks like the folks who were tweeting yesterday and quickly deleted were spot on. 

Now if the injury is more serious than Allen is letting on (I think it is)...the smart thing to do would be to sit him vs Ohio St, we should be able to beat UConn the following week with anyone at qb and get Penix ready for Sparty on 9/28. That's only if he's hurt more seriously than being reported. 

Our annual reminder it's important to have at least 2 quality qb's ready to go. Happens every single f-------------------------------------------- year. Haha.

7 minutes ago, coachv said:

the infantile buckeye fans on 11warriors have spent the last couple of days making penile jokes because of penix's name. they call their website "the smartest football bar in america" or something along those lines. i am taking a beating over there, lol

There's 2 or 3 fan bases it's best just to nod and move along when trying to talk anything about their team. Ohio St football fans, Kentucky hoops fans and for most parts in all sports any Boston/New England fan. 

Rather than an injury.  Could it be something like a virus ?  Penix, just saying something is not right.  ESPN has been talking about virus's taking down players across the nation. More this year than ever before.  Even the NY Jets starting QB is out with a virus.   I admit.  I am fishing for a reason. 

9 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Not sounding good, per other comments.  Penix walking off the field, without throwing.  Ramsey throwing passes. 

Thanks for the link, Leather. 

No problem.  Yeah, it isn't looking good for Penix to play today.  I've been checking twitter all morning, so I figured I'd share what I find.  

Archived