Top 25 B1G Players

This is courtesy of ITH, in combo with UMhoops.  

https://www.insidethehall.com/

IU's only player, TJD at #24. 

Could quibble but kind of think their list shows how fairly wide open the talent pool is this season. There aren't many elite players in this group, imo.

Guys like Green, and Hunter (who of course is properly left off as an unknown following the season-ending diagnosis last year), and for that matter Davis (assuming health and fitness) and Rob, who I think is primed for a breakout soph year, should have something to say about it. 

Looking forward to seeing how they fare, and how well IU beats the low expectations projected by the media guys so far (I think we will).

This is bulletin board/back of the locker ammunition for Mr. Phinisee.  Co-authored by an IU-centric blog, and the only player from IU is a freshman that hasn't played on a college court yet (no offense to TJD, just speaking from Rob's perspective)?

He may not be green, but I don't think opponents will like Rob if he's angry.......

I've decided, for my own mental health, to pay no attention to any of that this year.

It's getting tiring.

ITH is the reason I wound up here, I do not go to that site except for their video breakdowns, which I think are among the best in college basketball.

Alex Bozich is far more a baseball fan than a basketball fan, so I think he is honestly giving his opinion of what he thinks.

I came here to post opinions because ITH is as cliquey as any place I've ever been.

I posted there for over 6 years and never once felt welcome.

4 hours ago, greg haggard said:

I've decided, for my own mental health, to pay no attention to any of that this year.

It's getting tiring.

ITH is the reason I wound up here, I do not go to that site except for their video breakdowns, which I think are among the best in college basketball.

Alex Bozich is far more a baseball fan than a basketball fan, so I think he is honestly giving his opinion of what he thinks.

I came here to post opinions because ITH is as cliquey as any place I've ever been.

I hope you feel welcome here. You bring a lot to our board 

6 hours ago, greg haggard said:

It's getting tiring.

I really enjoy ITH. I read there regularly. I agree, their video breakdown is top notch. Most of the articles are worth reading as well.

The message board/comments part are not my favorite there. 

I read there, but mingle here. Glad you are with us as well. :)

13 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

This is bulletin board/back of the locker ammunition for Mr. Phinisee.  Co-authored by an IU-centric blog, and the only player from IU is a freshman that hasn't played on a college court yet (no offense to TJD, just speaking from Rob's perspective)?

He may not be green, but I don't think opponents will like Rob if he's angry.......

All I can say is I'm glad we have Rob P.  Extremely underrated coming in and, IMHO, he showed he's a quality PG when healthy last year.

Unfortunately, too much emphasis is put on the offensive performance of a player when a lot of these polls/SWAG's come out. I haven't run the numbers, but I'm confident that Phin would match up very well against any of the guards on that list when you consider steals, assists, turnovers, & points per minutes played.

I really think Phin is going to have a great year, with a ton of intangibles, like hustle, lock down defense, as well as offensive stuff.

But of course I'm biased...as I should be!

42 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Same goes for Green - exceptional defender. Hoping for a fantastic senior campaign for him, finished last season very well 

Would be a great problem to have...choose between the 2 starting guards for best player. I just hope he doesn't revert back to "Bad Devonte". He did finish the season really strong. Hopefully somebody slapped him up side the head to make him realize how good he could really be. (brother, friend, team mate, or "other")

Supposedly at Vic's fantasy camp, during a pick up game of some sort, there was a "4 point line" on the court. Claim is that Green hit 4 in a row from the 4 point line (which was significantly behind the 3 point line)

11 hours ago, greg haggard said:

It's getting tiring.

ITH went downhill a long time ago.

They upgraded their site a while back, and I never returned although I never paid for anything there.  The ads on that site were simply unbearable and would cause a page to take forever to load.

32 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

They upgraded their site a while back, and I never returned although I never paid for anything there.  The ads on that site were simply unbearable and would cause a page to take forever to load.

Just know that you, and greg haggard are welcome and appreciated at Hoosier Sports Nation.  Glad to have you both as members.

Oh, and talking about ads.  You will not find them at Hoosier Sports Nation.  We are about the IU fans.  Not the ads.

6 hours ago, GrangerHoosier said:

I never paid for anything there either........but I see no reason to pay to be ignored when I can be ignored for free.

Archived