Where are they now - Leach and Newton

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Newton remains one of my favorite all-time Hoosiers. Understated, dude was a beast.

I was at the duke/moye block game in Rupp....great seats near the floor.

I remember watching and thinking "Did Newton just wake up?"

He always looked sleepy, but the guy was freaking all over the court. Ran around like a mad man during play, and looked ready for a nap during any dead ball situation. Lol

Great Hoosier!

29 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I was at the duke/moye block game in Rupp....great seats near the floor.

I remember watching and thinking "Did Newton just wake up?"

He always looked sleepy, but the guy was freaking all over the court. Ran around like a mad man during play, and looked ready for a nap during any dead ball situation. Lol

Great Hoosier!

And he gave my mom a signed/autographed IU shirt - hangs proudly in my closet. 

He was such a beast around the rim. Loved his game.

A) That's some tasty looking Q.  Next time I'm flying through Charlotte, going to have to make time for a stop. 

B) Glad to see them doing well post-basketball.  You see so many horror stories about guys who retire and have no clue what to do with themselves, often to their detriment.  Goes without saying, Leach and Newton have it together. 

32 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

A) That's some tasty looking Q.  Next time I'm flying through Charlotte, going to have to make time for a stop. 

B) Glad to see them doing well post-basketball.  You see so many horror stories about guys who retire and have no clue what to do with themselves, often to their detriment.  Goes without saying, Leach and Newton have it together. 

The Bbq is really good.   They've catered for the IU Alumni club in Charlotte.  

True story... my niece's husband played HS ball with Big George and they are still friends today.   

Definately check them out if your ever in the Queen City.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Archived