If Peyton Ramsey....

jblaz13

Agreed mostly.. A Ramsey led win would best serve as the blueprint for applying to Penix's talent. IMO

Penix can do everything Ramsey can do, and not theother way around.

However, I feel PR with his background  being a coach's son and an extension of the coach(or OC)- type of QB, has enough balance for Penix to relate to and learn from .

Penix definitely has a higher ceiling. Peyton just appears so much more relaxed and more efficent at the moment.Although it was Eastern Illinois and Penix was injured PR was sharp. A lot to offer by watching for PenIx if he ends up being out.

The only exception(PR actually having a performance worthy of a controversy) just doesn't seem likely enough to warant a change from where I sit now in agreement with you guys.

It depends on the type of game he has if he plays.

If Ramsey starts and averages 6 yards per pass like usual, no controversy.

If Ramsey starts and averages 8-9+ without any plays like last week where a dump off goes 60+ yards and inflates his numbers, I could see a little controversy on who should start.

Not in my mind, just thinking fans in general. It's Penix all the way in my mind.

With it looking like Ramsey is starting today, I just hope we don't play it safe with him.  Last year when Penix went down we went really vanilla with Ramsey to avoid him getting hurt.  I really don't want to see that again.  Put him in the best position to win, and if he gets hurt he gets hurt.  We have Tuttle to back him up who is serviceable, and we can beat UCONN with Tuttle next week.  You play to win the game!

4 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

...were to start and IU somehow won against OSU for the first time in over 30 years;

Would there suddenly be a QB controversy on who to stick with moving forward? Would Penix still be the guy in your opinion?

Let's hear it .

great question. i just watched the pregame review on espn gameday and ramsey is taking warm-up throws. penix on the field but not throwing. looks like ramsey

7 hours ago, rico said:

Nice wishful thinking  thread while it lasted.

Yeah it was...Lol

At the time, I didnt really know what else to do before a game I had predicted as a loss even with Penix.. Without him, due to PRs experience and the WR corps , I thought they had an outside chance today..and that feeling evaporated fast.The defense got put in a real bind when IU couldnt muster anything offensively out of the gates.They executed bad too and all she wrote from there.

Despite IU looking terrible - The rest of the B1G did little against much lesser competition to make me think anyone else can sniff OSU right now with the way they have started this season off..

9-3 prediction still on track for now as far as specific games go but SURE HOPED they could pull this off...They know where they stand against the best test the B1G has to offer now..Just need to move on ,  and improve.I was wrong.I hate being wrong but it was far from the first time wont he the last.Lol

12 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

So. What do we think about Kent Sterling's tweet, hinting that Penix may be lost for the season ?

D**n......If true.

I would feel and always felt for kids like Penix, Gest and J Shun Harris ,as examples, of kids who haven't seemed to be able to stay available long enough to really get it going early in their time at IU.

Just hope whatever his situation is- there is a good outcome and he keeps hia head up.

That would leave Tuttle one play away from the starting job so I also hope he benefits as PRs backup since the next man has to be ready at all times.

9 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Do you have a link to it?  I checked his twitter and didn't see anything.

I have trouble bring tweets to this board for some reason.  It was posted somewhere. Maybe the game thread. I checked his tweet, and it was there.  Sorry. I can't bring it to the board.

I just had a feeling that Kent put it out there for click bait.... ala Dan Dakich. Or maybe Kent took it down.

7 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

D**n......If true.

I would feel and always felt for kids like Penix, Gest and J Shun Harris ,as examples, of kids who haven't seemed to be able to stay available long enough to really get it going early in their time at IU.

Just hope whatever his situation is- there is a good outcome and he keeps hia head up.

That would leave Tuttle one play away from the starting job so I also hope he benefits as PRs backup since the next man has to be ready at all times.

Again.  Sterling did not say for sure Penix is lost for the season. Just that he may.  And since Leather could not find the tweet. Maybe Kent took it down.

Hey. It's been a while since we have talked on the phone.  Say hi to your mom for me !

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I have trouble bring tweets to this board for some reason.  It was posted somewhere. Maybe the game thread. I checked his tweet, and it was there.  Sorry. I can't bring it to the board.

I just had a feeling that Kent put it out there for click bait.... ala Dan Dakich. Or maybe Kent took it down.

Found it.  It was from his "Breakfast with Kent" that he did yesterday morning.  He didn't say that he could be done for the season, just that it might be indefinitely.  Around 3:45 into the video.  This was from Friday morning.  I would think if he was really out for that long, he wouldn't have been on the field going through pregame warm ups today.

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Found it.  It was from his "Breakfast with Kent" that he did yesterday morning.  He didn't say that he could be done for the season, just that it might be indefinitely.  Around 3:45 into the video.  This was from Friday morning.  I would think if he was really out for that long, he wouldn't have been on the field going through pregame warm ups today.

That part could have been gamesmanship to keep them guessing right up to kickoff?

Hope indefinite means full recovery within season or might as well be one in the same.Losing his full capacity for effectiveness would still amount not having him in a way.....unless/until that changed.

Just now, jblaz13 said:

That part could have been gamesmanship to keep them guessing right up to kickoff?

Hope indefinite means full recovery within season or might as well be one in the same.Losing his full capacity for effectiveness would still amount not having him in a way.....unless/until that changed.

First. Thanks to Leather for the video link

Second. j.  Kent saying that he is hearing that Penix's  shoulder could be a season ending injury does not sound good to me.

Just now, jblaz13 said:

He mentioned that he was hearing Penix wouldn't play, so I don't think it was gamesmanship from him.

The fact that Penix was even out there at all in warmups makes me feel good about it.  If it was something that required a lot of time off or surgery, he wouldn't have been out there at all.  Hopefully he can make it back by the MSU game, but even if he needs a month to recover, he'll only miss UCONN, MSU, and Rutgers.  We should be able to beat UCONN and Rutgers with Ramsey starting, so missing a month would really only hurt us for 1 game.  I'd like him to play against MSU and get more experience for later in the year, but he does have some time to recover.

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

First. Thanks to Leather for the video link

Second. j.  Kent saying that he is hearing that Penix's  shoulder could be a season ending injury does not sound good to me.

He didn't say season ending, just that he was hearing it could be indefinite.  Here's the post you mentioned earlier that referenced it.  IU Scott just misspoke and replaced indefinitely with season ending.  Simple mistake.  I wouldn't worry too much about it being season ending.  He would have been in sweatpants today if it was.

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

He mentioned that he was hearing Penix wouldn't play, so I don't think it was gamesmanship from him.

The fact that Penix was even out there at all in warmups makes me feel good about it.  If it was something that required a lot of time off or surgery, he wouldn't have been out there at all.  Hopefully he can make it back by the MSU game, but even if he needs a month to recover, he'll only miss UCONN, MSU, and Rutgers.  We should be able to beat UCONN and Rutgers with Ramsey starting, so missing a month would really only hurt us for 1 game.  I'd like him to play against MSU and get more experience for later in the year, but he does have some time to recover.

From what I understood.  Michael was out there taking snaps. But never threw a pass in warmups.  Honest truth.  I am concerned.  Reminding me too much of what happened to our Hoosier Hoops team last season.   Can't ever catch a break (no pun intended).

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

He didn't say season ending, just that he was hearing it could be indefinite.  Here's the post you mentioned earlier that referenced it.  IU Scott just misspoke and replaced indefinitely with season ending.  Simple mistake.  I wouldn't worry too much about it being season ending.  He would have been in sweatpants today if it was.

OK Thanks for the clarification. 

Archived