IU vs. OSU game thread

Leathernecks

48 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am sorry but you sound like a big whiner and even heard Glass talk about the divisions and how they seem unfair to IU.  There is nothing he can do alone and again why would other teams just make it hard on themselves  to help IU out.  Say we move to the west and PU goes to the east then you really think it would be any easier for us.  We never compete with UW and Iowa and Nebraska will beat us about every year.  Besides OSU I just don't see how the east is that much better than the west.  MSU and PSU did not look unbeatable today and UM had to go to 2 OT's to beat Army.

nebraska? what the hell has nebraska done in the last 20 years? they are to college football what indiana is to college basketball. 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Indykev said:

#LEO

the problem with cutsie sayings and mantras like that is when you are losing a lot they start to get corny. and when the players start to think it's corney and start rolling their eyes, then you have to stop using it, that gets awkward. like teams holding up 4 fingers heading into the 4th quarter when their down 30 points. 

1 hour ago, IUDan93 said:

Cringe-worthy:

Since 1951, IU has beaten OSU twice. Overall head-to-head is 12-74-5. 

Since 1959, IU has beaten Michigan twice. Overall head-to-head is 9-58.

Since 1993, IU has beaten Penn St. once. Overall head-to-head is 1-21.

Since 1994, IU has beaten Michigan St. three times.  Overall head-to-head is 16-47.

Of the six opponents in the Big Ten East, our overall record is .....20, carry the two....hmmmm  oh dear lord.... we are 38-200-5.  

Good news, we are 8-4 against the other two schools.

I am not sure what to make of this record, except that we are not too competitive.  Does the conference have any reason to try to help IU be more competitive?  

It is fair to say that a player who commits to IU is almost assured of never going to a bowl game.  Maybe we go to a bowl this year. I see four more games that I think we can win: UConn, Rutgers, Purdue and Maryland.  However, does anyone really think we go 4-0 against those teams?  There is still that game against Northwestern......alas, since 1993 IU has three wins against them.  My heart says we recover from this loss and put together a good season with a bowl game.  My head says look at the history of IU football and the outlook looks grim.  This is why I think the Big Ten needs to change scheduling.

we may not go to a bowl game but they will get to play ohio st, michigan, and penn st in those awesome stadiums. those are better opponents and environments than any bowl game we could get invited to

59 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think another thing as an IU fan that is frustrating is seeing team like UW  and NW become very good programs.  If you are my age and older you will remember how bad those teams were and IU actually were able to beat them consistently.  Also you see programs like UCF and Utah become constant top 25 teams and as an U fan think why not IU.

ucf took stanford to the woodshed today

58 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

After all of these years I am wondering if we ever will find that perfect coach.  Maybe it was Hoeppner but we know how that ended.  We let our most successful coach go in Mallory and have not been able to find the next coach.  It does appear that Glass has put a lot of money into the program with facilities and to hire and keep assistant coaches.

maybe it was wilson

I don’t think it’s right to blame our short comings on the talent we play! I would think kids would want to come to IU to get a chance to play those schools! I am more concerned that we don’t seem to have it together so far this year. The Defense is a year older! It’s early but I think they played better last year at this point. Our tackling is horrible. If Ramsey is our QB the rest of the year we will not be going to a bowl again. We’ve raise the pay of the assistant coaches, I would expect more. OSU is the best team we will face this year. We still have winnable game on our schedule an some toss up games. Let’s get our stuff together and win those games! 

It sucks admitting IU didn't have the goods to beat them when theyre clicking in all 3 phases. 

No issue admitting OSU played like a legit top 3 team this year though.   

FAU, UC, and IU should have plenty of company on OSUs victim list before the season is said and done.

On to the next game. GO IU!!!!

14 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

It sucks admitting IU didn't have the goods to beat them when theyre clicking in all 3 phases. 

No issue admitting OSU played like a legit top 3 team this year though.   

FAU, UC, and IU should have plenty of company on OSUs victim list before the season is said and done.

On to the next game. GO IU!!!!

I feel like OSU played great in all areas, and we struggled in all areas.

Every team is going to have ups and downs throughout the season, so hopefully their up and our down came during the same game.  I'm just glad we picked a game we weren't going to win anyways to play poorly.  Hopefully we roll through next week and have one of our ups against MSU.

23 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I feel like OSU played great in all areas, and we struggled in all areas.

Every team is going to have ups and downs throughout the season, so hopefully their up and our down came during the same game.  I'm just glad we picked a game we weren't going to win anyways to play poorly.  Hopefully we roll through next week and have one of our ups against MSU.

IU ran into a buzz saw on Saturday.  Perhaps one of the deepest and best Buckaroo teams of all time. 

And I have been following OSU football since the days of Howard "Hopalong" Cassady.

Howard  Cassady 

3 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

If Wilson was such a good head coach, why'd OSU give Day the job?

lots of reasons. bad with media. drinking. who knows? our offense was shit hot while he was here. not as good since. defense sucked at first so he hired tom allen. hiring  a head coach fired by indiana is impossible to sell at ohio st. i said maybe

Last comment on Ohio St. They look really, really good. Polished. Pros at many positions. Probably have 15-20 guys who will be on Sunday in the coming years. Our players need to throw the film away until the off season.

For now...they just need to focus on beating up UConn. The schedule changes week to week. Last week I thought some of our Big 10 opponents were locks for losses...now watching MD, Sparty....even Penn St has to give the guys some hope. Plenty of chances to get 6 wins sitting out there. None will be possible if guys are worried about Ohio St. 

14 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Man you can tell he's pi$$ed!!

Kudos to him for keeping his composure.

Who cares if he is ????ed? I have been pissed about Indiana football for years. We have been a bottom dweller for years with no signs of anything changing. We hire an unproven, inexperienced coach and expect miracles. Indiana football sucks and will continue to as long as the powers at be are in charge. Allen is a nice guy but he is not in any form or fashion qualified or capable of leading a Division 1 football program. I am sorry but Indiana football is not worth the investment in my time. 

20 hours ago, iu2win said:

I did not expect IU to come out and beat a top five ranked OSU; the talent simply is not there.  However,  a well coached team can be outmanned and still not run into the kicker, run into each other on kick returns, or jump offside to give the opponent multiple opportunities to take advantage of their superior skill at every turn.  

I don’t remember the last time IU didn’t give the other team every opportunity to win with this crap. Getting a penalty on first down to give the other team 1st and 15 or 20 doesn’t mean anything if you give up 30 yards the next play. 

14 hours ago, coachv said:

lots of reasons. bad with media. drinking. who knows? our offense was shit hot while he was here. not as good since. defense sucked at first so he hired tom allen. hiring  a head coach fired by indiana is impossible to sell at ohio st. i said maybe

And you also just showed why he isn't. (And also why he isn't still the head coach here.)

Archived