Penix status and moving forward?

Artesian_86

I have zero, ZERO inside information on Penix, but after surfing the web for information in regards to Penix's undisclosed injury, someone mentioned that they heard he may have Dead Arm Syndrome. It may be completely false, or it could have some legs. I am just passing along what I have read. I have attached a brief description of what it is. If it is his shoulder, this does sound like a possible injury due to tremendous strength of his throwing arm. Please don't shoot the messager, just passing this along..

Dead arm syndrome- overworked shoulder due to and repetitive and hard throw. It will not go away on its own with rest—it must be treated. If there is a SLAP lesion, then surgery is needed to repair the problem. If the injury is caught before a SLAP tear, then physical therapy with stretching and exercise can restore it.

If this is actually what Penix is dealing with, the last line could explain why CTA mentions "not long term" and "dealing with some things" and "rehab". 

I pray that it's not this or anything associated, but just maybe a sore shoulder with no lingering effects.

5 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

They haven't said anything about the specific nature of the injury.  This video did come out late last week that makes it pretty clear that we are talking about the throwing arm shoulder.

So what about CTA saying we came out of the game injury free?

On 9/18/2019 at 9:18 AM, Proud2BAHoosier said:

"Coach Speak"???

CTA let it slip out in his post game OSU presser that they told Ramsey he would start after they saw that Penix couldnt throw, he then went into cover up mode. No one in the room caught it. I talked to the coach I know, he hadn't heard year ending injury, but wouldnt go into the injury either.

3 minutes ago, Bob said:

I wouldn’t push it this week! Ramsey an JT got this one. Let’s get Penix healthy and unleash him on the Big Ten schools. I am more concerned about our OL. They need to come out mad as hell and blow some DLs up from here forward! 

IU -28 even with Ramsey, we are ok here i'm guessing.

As we have mentioned,  I hope Tuttle gets some serious game time. Ramsey is seasoned, and his arm isn't going to get any stronger this week. And, if Penix is out for any considerable time this year, we will need Tuttle to go at some point this season, even if Ramsey is the starter. Gotta have #2 ready to go in case of injury or a developing need for a deep ball.

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

CTA let it slip out in his post game OSU presser that they told Ramsey he would start after they saw that Penix couldnt throw, he then went into cover up mode. No one in the room caught it. I talked to the coach I know, he hadn't heard year ending injury, but wouldnt go into the injury either.

Interesting...CTA better get this ship on course.  

Archived