Marion. 2-part question.

rico

When Blackmon Sr played, there was another guy on that team, a big. I can't remember his name.. Price?  I went to watch JB Sr, but came away impressed with the other guy too.

And the Marion gym was packed and rockin, the student pep section was very fun to watch/hear. All dressed the same and in sync.

I mean our little group a North Miami did ok cheering, but this was a few levels up

1 hour ago, ColtsIUDomer said:

When Blackmon Sr played, there was another guy on that team, a big. I can't remember his name.. Price?  I went to watch JB Sr, but came away impressed with the other guy too.

And the Marion gym was packed and rockin, the student pep section was very fun to watch/hear. All dressed the same and in sync.

I mean our little group a North Miami did ok cheering, but this was a few levels up

I mentioned Joe Price earlier.  Great HS baller but he was no big...6-3.  

And BTW where you been my TRC alum!

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

This is a great topic especially if you’re from Indiana.  We could honestly do these for all the population centers in the state.  The region. Ft Wayne. Evansville.  Terre Haute.  Bloomington. South Bend.  They’d all be fun. 

Say what?  You left out Warsaw!!!!  LOL

54 minutes ago, rico said:

I mentioned Joe Price earlier.  Great HS baller but he was no big...6-3.  

And BTW where you been my TRC alum!

I been around, just lurking. Just got back from too long in vegas + plus i'm actually having to work at work (which is total crap!)

Ok, there's no such thing as too long in vegas. unless you live there i suppose.

1 hour ago, greg haggard said:

Wow, are you from Anderson?

To have heard of Jumpin Johnny and not be from Anderson would be uncanny.

Anderson High School was still known as the Ducks then.

No, but I've read quite a bit about the history of Indiana high school basketball. Used to sit with Herb Schwomeyer's "Hoosier Hysteria" for hours and read about Jumpin John, The Franklin Wonder Five, and John Wooden. Still have a copy.

Archived