Offense wins games and helps D

Dynamic quarterbacks and receivers can change games, win games. A powerful O line helps them operate and open holes for running backs. This eats clock, wears out opposing defenses, keeping your own defense fresher and optimistic. Playing D with a lead, or a close game is easier. O line must be stout and athletic. Our O line is 300+ lbs across the board, but evidently not strong or athletic enough, despite an emphasis on developing the O line strength during the off season from S&C staff.

Penix, Scott, Hendershot, Westbrook, Phylor, and Hale are for real, but they need a for real O line. There's no quick fix for strength. We knew this last October, how did we get here?

18 hours ago, WestCoastOffense said:

Dynamic quarterbacks and receivers can change games, win games. A powerful O line helps them operate and open holes for running backs. This eats clock, wears out opposing defenses, keeping your own defense fresher and optimistic. Playing D with a lead, or a close game is easier. O line must be stout and athletic. Our O line is 300+ lbs across the board, but evidently not strong or athletic enough, despite an emphasis on developing the O line strength during the off season from S&C staff.

Penix, Scott, Hendershot, Westbrook, Phylor, and Hale are for real, but they need a for real O line. There's no quick fix for strength. We knew this last October, how did we get here?

I agree! In the first two games I was thinking our OL looks slow. Surely we noticed in the spring camps wow our line is slow and weak! We’ll have to see how they develop the rest of this season. 

4 hours ago, Bob said:

I agree! In the first two games I was thinking our OL looks slow. Surely we noticed in the spring camps wow our line is slow and weak! We’ll have to see how they develop the rest of this season. 

I've been really disappointed with our offensive line.  I expected the experienced group we have to be better, but they improved a lot as the season went on last year, so I'm hopeful we see a big jump from the beginning to the end of the year this year.

14 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

I've been really disappointed with our offensive line.  I expected the experienced group we have to be better, but they improved a lot as the season went on last year, so I'm hopeful we see a big jump from the beginning to the end of the year this year.

Agree Leathernecks.   I thought the running game would be solid, and the Oline is a big reason why. 

Defense also looks slower than I expected.   The season isn't over,  but I am less optimistic than I was a month ago. 

This week we will learn nothing about the progress the team has made, and then the grinder starts.  The biggest concern that came out of the OSU game for me, was in the postgame comments. 

Allen mentioned the team had a bad week of practice (or something to that extent) and came out flat as a result.  How in the @&$#%* does that happen OSU week?  Sounds like a lack of player leadership. 

Archived