Aside from Purdue, what school or schools....

milehiiu

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

...... do you really, really want IU to beat this season ?

To help you out, here is a link to the schedule :

2019-20 Men's Basketball Schedule - Indiana University Athletics

The Big Ten.  We have been really mediocre lately in conference so I would like to see us start reasserting ourselves, particularly at home.

7 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

The Big Ten.  We have been really mediocre lately in conference so I would like to see us start reasserting ourselves, particularly at home.

Good answer !

I am going with Illinois.  Still can't forget how they trashed IU after Gordon.  And speaking of the B1G... also never forget Bruce Weber's prediction one year, about how the B1G would be..... "I don't know about the B1G,  but I do know IU is gonna suck.  Don't put that on the internet."

The other team I am looking forward to beating is Wisconsin.

Florida St.  My reason is, if we sweep the month of November like we should a win against FSU, which will be our first biggish name opponent, could propel us like I think the win at NC St did the year of the Wat shot.  

I know this probably isn't the type of thinking you were looking for when posting the question, but it was my first thought.

14 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Florida St.  My reason is, if we sweep the month of November like we should a win against FSU, which will be our first biggish name opponent, could propel us like I think the win at NC St did the year of the Wat shot.  

I know this probably isn't the type of thinking you were looking for when posting the question, but it was my first thought.

And it is a good thought. A winning November might just push us into or close to the top 25. Helping to shut up the nay saying prognosticators. 

Since the question was "want to win" instead of "should win"...I'll say I want us to win ALL of them.

I realize this isn't likely to happen, but if the team chemistry is as good as advertised, and the freshman get up to speed in November and December, then I think we'll be competitive with everyone. But if the claims of team chemistry are just a facade, then all bets are off.

I'm concerned more about our defense than I am about our offense. I know that probably sounds bass-ackwards to many of you, but I'm not sold on the pack line defense. Good, hard-nosed, man-to-man would be my choice, but I'm just an old fart looking down from 40,000 ft. I'm not a coach with all the knowledge.  But I worry that CAM is so ingrained and committed to the pack line, that he refuses to consider alternatives, given his current roster. From what I've observed in teams that play the pack line effectively, you have to have a great deal of foot speed to make the pack line efficient. I'm not convinced we have that level of quickness in all 5 positions. (certainly don't have the "desire" to play quick from a couple of players IMO)

I guess we'll see in a couple/three months.

Go Hoosiers!

49 minutes ago, DWB said:

Since the question was "want to win" instead of "should win"...I'll say I want us to win ALL of them.

I realize this isn't likely to happen, but if the team chemistry is as good as advertised, and the freshman get up to speed in November and December, then I think we'll be competitive with everyone. But if the claims of team chemistry are just a facade, then all bets are off.

I'm concerned more about our defense than I am about our offense. I know that probably sounds bass-ackwards to many of you, but I'm not sold on the pack line defense. Good, hard-nosed, man-to-man would be my choice, but I'm just an old fart looking down from 40,000 ft. I'm not a coach with all the knowledge.  But I worry that CAM is so ingrained and committed to the pack line, that he refuses to consider alternatives, given his current roster. From what I've observed in teams that play the pack line effectively, you have to have a great deal of foot speed to make the pack line efficient. I'm not convinced we have that level of quickness in all 5 positions. (certainly don't have the "desire" to play quick from a couple of players IMO)

I guess we'll see in a couple/three months.

Go Hoosiers!

I am not going to link it here, because it talked about more than defense. However, The Assembly Call, had a video on You Tube the other day. Where they addressed the Pack Line defense.  Their contention is that it takes more than one year to fully understand it.  They pointed out how Archie's defense at IU had gone from something like in the 80's nationwide ( don't hold me to the exact number), to something in the 20's last year.  And they felt it takes a good three years for most players to fully understand it. If that is the case, then IU's D this year, with so many guys familiar with the Pack Line should be good.

Favorite quote from the video.  OAD's and the Pack Line don't go together. 

I know this is pretty broad, but I want us to win the prime time games that any casual college basketball fan would watch when their team isn't playing. I hated the last two years in the BIG/ACC challenge games we were outmatched against Duke and was basically the only good game on national TV.

6 minutes ago, JEFFVETTE said:

I know this is pretty broad, but I want us to win the prime time games that any casual college basketball fan would watch when their team isn't playing. I hated the last two years in the BIG/ACC challenge games we were outmatched against Duke and was basically the only good game on national TV.

We were not over matched in the Duke game at AH because it was tied with about 6 minutes to go in the game

4 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Wisconsin. I dont know why exactly but everything about Wisconsin annoys me.  I liked it better when they were terrible and IU dominated. 

Okay, I'm going to "come out" 😄 My Grandfather ( who I only have 1 memory of as he passed when I was 4) was DEAN of Botany at Wisconsin, Both of my parents and more recently my Grand Niece were/are grads of Wisconsin. (curiously, the guy who sits on the other side of the cubical wall is also a Wisconsin grad, this Is Georgia after all) It seems this year, may be the fourth year in my many decades of life that I don't make it to the family cabin near Hayward!😫 I love Wisconsin!!

That being said I put Wisconsin in the same group of disliked competition as any other Hoosier fan! Especially during the Grinch years! 

This is where I come out! I always had this feeling that our dislike of the Grinch HAD to be very similar to the rest of the BIG fans dislike of coach Knight!

Have at me HSN!!😜 

Archived