UConn Postgame Thread

KDB

6 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Watching the end of Wisky/Michigan....

Whisky big D line BULL RUSHES and penetrates  Michigan O-line almost every play!!! How does Wisconsin continue to get those type of players year in and year out? 

Probably the same farm that grows the never ending series of Bohannon basketball players.

4 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Watching the end of Wisky/Michigan....

Whisky big D line BULL RUSHES and penetrates  Michigan O-line almost every play!!! How does Wisconsin continue to get those type of players year in and year out? 

I have said for years that IU needs to try to build their program like UW or MSU.  They don't get a lot of  top recruits but they get players who fit their system especially the OL who they develop. I think you need to recruit big OL who are great run blockers who fire off the ball.  I don't think we can compete with top teams trying to run the spread offense and being a finesse team.

Have a classmate that married a former UW offensive lineman who also played in the NFL.  She was 6ft and a very good athlete herself. Their son, Jack Nelson, is a 6'7" 280lbs high school senior that has committed to UW.   The culture and tradition is deeply rooted.  Hope we can achieve that where Indiana kids want to ba a part of the Hoosier culture and tradition.

29 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have said for years that IU needs to try to build their program like UW or MSU.  They don't get a lot of  top recruits but they get players who fit their system especially the OL who they develop. I think you need to recruit big OL who are great run blockers who fire off the ball.  I don't think we can compete with top teams trying to run the spread offense and being a finesse team.

Most of their OL is home grown too.  Maybe big farm kids??  I don't know.  And then they have built a tradition of great running backs.  Who wouldn't want to run behind those gigantic dudes.

1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

Most of their OL is home grown too.  Maybe big farm kids??  I don't know.  And then they have built a tradition of great running backs.  Who wouldn't want to run behind those gigantic dudes.

Dated but here you go...

https://www.journalgazette.net/sports/high-schools/20171217/dwenger-offensive-lineman-commits-to-wisconsin

I don't really understand the negativity (not necessarily just this site).  Unless you're Ohio State, you're probably going to have weaknesses as a team.  IU definitely has some.

It was only half a decade ago that we were getting beat REGULARLY by teams like Ball State and UConn.  Now, we are more or less manhandling them.

The team still has a long way to go, but it's fun to be able to go to an IU game, expect them to blow out the other team, and ACTUALLY see it happen.

Last week was bad, but I think Ohio State is the best team in the country at this point.  The season is still wide open for IU, and Michigan is looking ripe for the picking this year.

3 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

The big question is when or does Penix play again this year?

I would think it would be soon. They mentioned during the game that he was the emergency 3rd string QB which is why he dressed. Can't imagine they would have put him in, but I would think if it was more long term that he wouldn't be out there dressing and listed as the 3rd stringer.

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I would think it would be soon. They mentioned during the game that he was the emergency 3rd string QB which is why he dressed. Can't imagine they would have put him in, but I would think if it was more long term that he wouldn't be out there dressing and listed as the 3rd stringer.

Agreed. Plus based on statements from Coach Allen late in the week, that Michael has been coming along. Doing more and more in practice. Gotta feel he was held out at least one more game for precautionary measures.

On 9/21/2019 at 8:15 PM, milehiiu said:

Agreed. Plus based on statements from Coach Allen late in the week, that Michael has been coming along. Doing more and more in practice. Gotta feel he was held out at least one more game for precautionary measures.

i miss the old days when a coach just told you what was wrong with a player

Archived