Let's Get Ready to Rumble ! IU vs MSU pre-game thread

milehiiu

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I differ. Have a good feeling about this game.  MSU is not OSU.  Game is in our house. MSU travels. But not like IU.  And we have a secret weapon at QB ( I hope he was held out for this game) .

Let's get a winning attitude going for this game. Stevie broke out last Saturday. And even with Ramsey, who completes an outrageous amount of his passes I've got the winning attitude. Who's with me ?

From behind enemy lines. :

Up Next: Indiana to take on Michigan State after blowout win over UConn - mlive.com

8 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I thought the game was at MSU.

I hope you are right my friend. I don't like MSU or their coach. I will be the first to admit I was wrong if they pull one out.

I stand corrected. You are right. After checking. Game is there. Not here.  I read the post from MLIve.  Said IU is in Bloomington. Thinking the game was at home.  MY bad.

Still... think we can pull off the win. No better way to spoil their homecoming.

O line needs to open up gaping holes for Stevie.

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

I'm much more optimistic than most...if Penix plays.  I know people haven't been happy with how we've played, but we haven't really played a meaningful game yet.  MSU is our first one.  SP+ is liking us so far, so hopefully they're on to something.

I agree with you. "I'll have what she is having ( Harry met Sally).  First meaningful game.  OSU was a no brainer. Perhaps the greatest OSU team of all time.  MSU, is tough. No doubt. However not unbeatable in terms of OSU.   HSN. Plse don't conflate the two. MSU is beatable.  Unlike OSU. 

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I differ. Have a good feeling about this game.  MSU is not OSU.  Game is in our house. MSU travels. But not like IU.  And we have a secret weapon at QB ( I hope he was held out for this game) .

Let's get a winning attitude going for this game. Stevie broke out last Saturday. And even with Ramsey, who completes an outrageous amount of his passes I've got the winning attitude. Who's with me ?

From behind enemy lines. :

Up Next: Indiana to take on Michigan State after blowout win over UConn - mlive.com

I'm in Mile!!..Im always the optimus....

36 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I agree with you. "I'll have what she is having ( Harry met Sally).  First meaningful game.  OSU was a no brainer. Perhaps the greatest OSU team of all time.  MSU, is tough. No doubt. However not unbeatable in terms of OSU.   HSN. Plse don't conflate the two. MSU is beatable.  Unlike OSU. 

I always think the good thing about playing a team that has a great defense and average offense is that one great play could change the game.  One interception, one fumble, or one long pass could be a big play in a low scoring game.

In our first meaningful game, I wonder if we'll pull out some things we haven't seen yet.  More creativity on offense, more things on defense to disrupt their offense.  I'd love to see us try some new things against their defense.  I don't see us being able to run the ball against them, so we'll need to outsmart them to put up very many points.

15 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Unfortunately we are not going to be the ones rumbling. MSU will do to us what the Buckeyes did give or take 10 points or so.

Sorry to be negative but we don't have the speed or talent to compete with the big boys.

They probably will beat us but no way they do what OSU did to us.  One their offense is not very strong so they won't put up 52 against us and hopefully our offense can generate enough offense to win this game.

Let the clever name calling continue.....This Michigan State fan..👇

From Spartantailgate message board....

Art Vandelay
Posted on 43 mins, , User Since 47 months ago, User Post Count: 2,467

IU will have trouble keeping their Penix upright.

Art Vandelay said... 

They haven't even been able to insert their Penix, not in the last 2 weeks at least.

18 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Unfortunately we are not going to be the ones rumbling. MSU will do to us what the Buckeyes did give or take 10 points or so.

Sorry to be negative but we don't have the speed or talent to compete with the big boys.

ouch. i think it will be closer than that. if we lose by at least 30 like you claim, it's going to be a lousy season

17 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I stand corrected. You are right. After checking. Game is there. Not here.  I read the post from MLIve.  Said IU is in Bloomington. Thinking the game was at home.  MY bad.

Still... think we can pull off the win. No better way to spoil their homecoming.

O line needs to open up gaping holes for Stevie.

it was anticipated that with scott losing 5-6 lbs and turning some fat into muscle, he would be a little more elusive. i'm not seeing it so far. after watching nebraska this weekend, they have 3 backs who look better than any of ours right now. ours don't make guys miss like i see from a lot of backs around the country. also not breaking a lot of tackles. what was supposed to be a strength looks below average. a lot of that is on the o-line. speaking of which, has there been confirmation that cronk is done for the year?

2 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Let the clever name calling continue.....This Michigan State fan..👇

From Spartantailgate message board....

Art Vandelay
Posted on 43 mins, , User Since 47 months ago, User Post Count: 2,467

IU will have trouble keeping their Penix upright.

Art Vandelay said... 

They haven't even been able to insert their Penix, not in the last 2 weeks at least.

those comments were cut and pasted from 11warriors. got myself banned from there in one day because i told them recess was over and to line up and get back in class

Archived