Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

19 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Anybody heard anything about an additional walk on..Jacquez Henderson  6'0" PG from Florida. 

I would assume he is number 22 in the team picture. That would make sense because nobody has said who he is and he isn’t on the roster online yet.

12 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I would assume he is number 22 in the team picture. That would make sense because nobody has said who he is and he isn’t on the roster online yet.

Yes,he is #22

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

Where did you see the new team picture at?  I can't find it.

1 hour ago, DWB said:

Take a look at DeRon. Looks like a man among boys!

Knock on wood. Save injury.  Let's hope De'Ron plays like a man among boys as well as looking that way.

2 hours ago, 3Ballin said:

Ya...thats not him.

Here you go: https://www.maxpreps.com/m/athlete/jacquez-henderson/ZtB91GYfEeS00gAmVebEWg/basketball/stats.htm

“IU announced Jacquez Henderson, a 6-foot guard from Geneva High School in Winter Park, Fla., has joined the team as a walk=on. A junior transfer student, Henderson also has attended Butler and Louisville. … IU’s other two walk-ons this season are junior guard Cooper Bybee (6-1, 185, Ellettsville, Edgewood HS) and forward Nathan Childress (6-6, 210, Zionsville, Zionsville HS).”

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Thanks 1

These walk ons may not make a three at the buzzer or seal a game on the free throw line but they will work their butts off every day in practice to ensure our guys are ready on game day. I thank them for their commitment and wish them well.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Inequality said:

Cooper Bybee two buzzer beaters in same game. 

He can shoot, but he didn't even see the court against high level juco competition.

13 hours ago, Inequality said:

Cooper Bybee two buzzer beaters in same game. 

I meant for IU. I fully understand these kids were good players at the high school level. I’m thankful they are willing to give of themselves for the betterment of the team. Practice is very important to being prepared and the work they do there will hopefully help us.

Edited by dgambill

5 hours ago, Wayward1 said:

How is there no information on him from his time at Louisville or Butler? Did this kid exist since high school?

did he walk on at butler and louisville or just attend school there. butler would be a pretty obscure place to matriculate if you are from florida

I don't know anything about the kid.  Other than he will be wearing Candy Stripes on the bench for IU, this upcoming season. That's a good thing. Something he can tell his grand kids about.  Not wishing ill will on him. However, it   sounds to me that he will become practice fodder.

16 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I don't know anything about the kid.  Other than he will be wearing Candy Stripes on the bench for IU, this upcoming season. That's a good thing. Something he can tell his grand kids about.  Not wishing ill will on him. However, it   sounds to me that he will become practice fodder.

Mile, as a walk-on, shouldn't that be expected? 🤔   I hope the days of McBob (the situation not the person) are FAAAAAR behind us.  I would hope that our walk-ons are well rounded players that have a similar mindset (high b-ball iq, gritty, gets crazy eyes sometimes) as CAM and give our core players a good look at what our opposition is going to do; but ultimately gets the breaks beat off them daily in practice.