Per Rick Bozich...

5fouls

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BGleas said:

Archie nailed the playing big thing. It only works if TJD, Race, etc. can defend wings and perimeter players. If they can’t, then it won’t work. 

Indeed. One thing you can credit Justin Smith with was his ability to defend on the perimeter. I think we would like to play Trayce at the 4 but in the end it will depend on him moving his feet.

What I gathered from this article at the end is that this is a make or break year for Damezi. If he can't contribute and fill a role on this year's team my guess is he will be a transfer candidate. I'm optimistic he will have a good year but it's pretty clear that Archie has laid out some specific expectations for him. Hopefully he can meet or exceed them. 

5 hours ago, DunkinDipo said:

What I gathered from this article at the end is that this is a make or break year for Damezi. If he can't contribute and fill a role on this year's team my guess is he will be a transfer candidate. I'm optimistic he will have a good year but it's pretty clear that Archie has laid out some specific expectations for him. Hopefully he can meet or exceed them. 

CAM is big on Dam’s ability to stretch the floor with his shooting. Key for him is going to be defensive awareness and positioning. I’m optimistic on him as well, think he needed time to adjust to the speed of the college game. 

7 hours ago, DunkinDipo said:

It's a make or break year for CAM. Being picked to finish 11th in year 3 is pretty embarrassing.

14 hours ago, dgambill said:

He is on a 7 yr contract. Minimum he will get 5 years unless there is a scandal.

I think if this year is terrible and he follows that up with another terrible year he would  be fired after 4. Highly unlikely we have back to back terrible years with the talent currently on the team and incoming next year. I just don't see how we can be that bad.  Average maybe,  but talent will usually level the field if the coaching is lacking.  I am not saying CAM can't coach though.

3 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I think if this year is terrible and he followers that you with another terrible year he works be fired after 4. Highly unlikely we have back to back terrible years with the talent current and incoming.  I just don't see how we can be bad.  Average maybe but talent will usually level the field if the coding is lacking.  I am not saying the coaching pass lacking though.

Tailgating?

1 hour ago, JugRox said:

It’s not a make or break year. Not even close.

Maybe not but if we miss the dance year 4 will be ugly as hell.  That's a promise.  The only good thing would likely be a new AD.  I can't see Fred surviving any scenario where both the football and basketball teams miss the postseason again.

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

Maybe not but if we miss the dance year 4 will be ugly as hell.  That's a promise.  The only good thing would likely be a new AD.  I can't see Fred surviving any scenario where both the football and basketball teams miss the postseason again.

IU has been the Northwestern of the 80's.

11 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

It’s year 3 and nobody is going anywhere anytime soon.

12 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

When I read your posts, I see you with an old Ken doll with "Fred" written on his shirt in marker, and you're sticking pins in it and burning it's extremities with a lighter.

12 hours ago, BDB said:

IU has been the Northwestern of the 80's.

Please clarify. 

Pretty hard for anyone to be Northwestern in the 1980's without finishing last or not far from it,  in both sports for close to a decade, as well as not being close to competitive with a near majority of the conference for much of that time..

That sounds kind of extreme even in the context of having both programs miss the postseason. 

16 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

You make it sound like a threat. Good to see where you stand. I think overall with the program it’s in a good state. A lot of positivity. Good recruits, people are proud we are recruiting the state hard again, not full of scandal or problem kids. It needs time to build. We have fallen a long way. Look at Nebraska football...this sort of rebuilding takes years. Those who aren’t willing to endure it are asking for too much.

3 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

Please clarify. 

Pretty hard for anyone to be Northwestern in the 1980's without finishing last or not far from it,  in both sports for close to a decade, as well as not being close to competitive with a near majority of the conference for much of that time..

That sounds kind of extreme even in the context of having both programs miss the postseason. 

Yeah I don't remember NW of the 80's winning two big ten championships or making 3 sweet 16's

27 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You make it sound like a threat. Good to see where you stand. I think overall with the program it’s in a good state. A lot of positivity. Good recruits, people are proud we are recruiting the state hard again, not full of scandal or problem kids. It needs time to build. We have fallen a long way. Look at Nebraska football...this sort of rebuilding takes years. Those who aren’t willing to endure it are asking for too much.

I think we're in a good position too.  And no I don't think Archie is being fired anytime soon and probably never.  I'm just telling you that if by some outside chance we miss the tourney this season he's going to wish he never got a 4th season.  I assure you that I'm a moderate when it comes to the IU fan base.

I would say only the most homerish of all Hoosiers can stomach an 11th place finish in the B1G and still stand strong and proud in CAMs corner.  I've  said before, no way we finish that low.  I'm cautiously leaning towards around 6th.  Think this team can and will be the best defensive and rebounding team in the conference.  Realistically,  Green and Al Durham, who though have lots of positive attributes, wouldn't start on the vast majority of top 5 B1G teams over the last 20 years.  Probably should have added at the very least a 5th year shooter.  Needed to add start now level talent in the back court and whiffed.  So we'll see if we can pull together and fight out some wins the ugly way.  But place g 11th, no, unacceptable.  Have to do better than that or prepare yourself for an some ugly conversations, idiots like Dakich blasting the coaching staff.  Here's to hoping the staff and team pull together for something special.

On 9/27/2019 at 9:00 PM, Long Duk Dong said:

It's a make or break year for CAM. Being picked to finish 11th in year 3 is pretty embarrassing.

Totally disagree. This is only his 2nd cycle of his own recruits. We’re picked low due to what we lost vs what’s coming in. He’s still 2 years away from his seat even being warm. And I hope it does not get warm. 

I’m willing to give him 4 years of his recruits and his system before making any decision. 

Archived