Per Rick Bozich...

5fouls

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Expressing concerns is one thing but you know there are  other places where the fans have already been calling for his head.

But that doesn't mean every fan who expresses concerns is calling for his head, so please stop treating every fan who isn't all sunshine and unicorns right now like they are jumping off the bandwagon and wanting him fired.  

I have concerns now.  I fully expect they will be alleviated this year, but until they are I'm not going to pretend like they aren't there.  

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

But that doesn't mean every fan who expresses concerns is calling for his head, so please stop treating every fan who isn't all sunshine and unicorns right now like they are jumping off the bandwagon and wanting him fired.  

I have concerns now.  I fully expect they will be alleviated this year, but until they are I'm not going to pretend like they aren't there.  

You can feel how ever you want and express it just like I can do the same thing.  I just don't get why everyone is already worrying about what is going to happen in 6 months or 18 months when nothing has happened yet.  Especially in the off season I don't get the need to always be pessimistic like some on here are when we have no clue how this will play out.

Just now, IU Scott said:

You can feel how ever you want and express it just like I can do the same thing.  I just don't get why everyone is already worrying about what is going to happen in 6 months or 18 months when nothing has happened yet.  Especially in the off season I don't get the need to always be pessimistic like some on here are when we have no clue how this will play out.

The irony drips from this.  

2 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

The irony drips from this.  

Also I never said people who express their jumped off the bandwagon just the ones that were calling for his head in year 1 or 2.  Where have I said you could not express yourself but to think I can' respond to those thoughts are not right.  So am I getting this right that you can have an opinion and we can't judge it but I can't express my opinion.  That seems like a little double standard to me.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also I never said people who express their jumped off the bandwagon just the ones that were calling for his head in year 1 or 2.  Where have I said you could not express yourself but to think I can' respond to those thoughts are not right.  So am I getting this right that you can have an opinion and we can't judge it but I can't express my opinion.  That seems like a little double standard to me.

Forget I ever said anything.  This will go nowhere.  

3 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Forget I ever said anything.  This will go nowhere.  

Ha ha, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: Never get into a forum discussion with IUScott when facts and opinions are on the line.  -Vizzini

On 9/27/2019 at 9:00 PM, Long Duk Dong said:

It's a make or break year for CAM. Being picked to finish 11th in year 3 is pretty embarrassing.

Picked 11th and finish 11th? Embarrassing.

Picked 1st and finish 11th? More embarrassing.

Basing any type of judgements on preseason predictions? Shakespearean....full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Ha ha, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: Never get into a forum discussion with IUScott when facts and opinions are on the line.  -Vizzini

Now that's funny right there.

On 9/28/2019 at 7:35 PM, IowaHoosierFan said:

I think if this year is terrible and he follows that up with another terrible year he would  be fired after 4. Highly unlikely we have back to back terrible years with the talent currently on the team and incoming next year. I just don't see how we can be that bad.  Average maybe,  but talent will usually level the field if the coaching is lacking.  I am not saying CAM can't coach though.

our talent is no better than most of the teams in the big ten so that is not a factor

On 9/29/2019 at 8:33 PM, Steubenhoosier said:

No, Crean was nowhere close to being on the hot seat in year 4. Anyone with any sense knew what he inherited, and in fact, his record improved each of the first three years, from 6 wins to 10 to 12. With this improvement and with the level of recruits he was bringing in, there was a great deal of optimism heading into year 4. The resultant Sweet 16 hard fought loss to Kentucky only solidified the consensus feeling that Crean was the guy to restore IU as an elite program.

The criticism and hot seat began following the next season and the dreadful coaching job he put in versus Syracuse. That became the watershed moment for the criticism and dissent within Hoosier Nation that led to his eventual firing.

Nice try anyway with your revisionist history and trying to mold it to prove your misguided agenda.

crean may not have been on the hot seat but i distinctly recall halfway through his second season telling anyone who would listen the he would never get it done. no one believed me

7 hours ago, coachv said:

crean may not have been on the hot seat but i distinctly recall halfway through his second season telling anyone who would listen the he would never get it done. no one believed me

How many times between the Watshot game and the start of the 2013 tournament did you remind people of this prediction?

Archived