Brown County State Park Fall Colors ?

milehiiu

13 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Have they started to change ? Or is is too early. Here in Colorado, the Aspens have already started to change.

As a student at IU. I loved traveling Brown County in the Fall.  Beautiful.

From last year :

Brown County State park Fall Colors 2018

The endless summer continues here in Hoosierville. 90 this weekend and early next week until Thursday. I thought I read peak changes for leaves actually won't happen until late October/early November this year. 

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

The endless summer continues here in Hoosierville. 90 this weekend and early next week until Thursday. I thought I read peak changes for leaves actually won't happen until late October/early November this year. 

And to think. It has been snowing in the high country. Here, in Colorado and Wyoming. 

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I can't speak for Brown County, but down here in the southern part of the state, we are experiencing a drought! There has not been any appreciable rain in almost a month. Most of the trees are turning an ugly brown and the leaves are falling!

Prayers for showers coming your way.

I'm about an hour south of brown and no change so far.  Usually doesnt start until 1st or 2nd week of october.

And it's been so dry down here at least half the corn and some beans are already harvested. And keep in mind these fields weren't planted until late june/early July. And the cornfields are SHORT, about half the usual height. What a weird year. 

2 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I'm about an hour south of brown and no change so far.  Usually doesnt start until 1st or 2nd week of october.

And it's been so dry down here at least half the corn and some beans are already harvested. And keep in mind these fields weren't planted until late june/early July. And the cornfields are SHORT, about half the usual height. What a weird year. 

I agree. It has been a weird year for you guys, weather wise. Prayers, that next planting season turns out to be normal.

And thanks for the report on Brown County.  One of the most beautiful parts of the great state of Indiana, IMHO.

46 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I agree. It has been a weird year for you guys, weather wise. Prayers, that next planting season turns out to be normal.

And thanks for the report on Brown County.  One of the most beautiful parts of the great state of Indiana, IMHO.

Yes it is.  Go camping there 3-4 times a year and always once toward the end of october. But you have to book in advance. IDNR let's you do it 6 months in advance, and if you want October you better do it the first chance you can because spots go quick.

19 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I can't speak for Brown County, but down here in the southern part of the state, we are experiencing a drought! There has not been any appreciable rain in almost a month. Most of the trees are turning an ugly brown and the leaves are falling!

Yep.  There will be no pretty fall colors in the deep southern part of the state this year.  Driest September on record.  And, don't get me started on the heat.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

!0/9/19.  High in Denver today. 80 degrees.  Predicted high in Denver for 10/10/19. 25-30 degrees.  With 1-3 inches of snow.

Aspens in the high country have turned. 

It was 80 degrees when I left the job site in Dove Valley and it is now under 60 already. Crazy.

39 minutes ago, SteveS said:

It was 80 degrees when I left the job site in Dove Valley and it is now under 60 already. Crazy.

First year I got to Colorado, Colorado Springs,  in 1971.  Got a dozen inches of snow one day in September.  Being from North West Indiana. I thought what have I gotten myself into.  It was gone in almost a day.  And never snowed again the entire winter. When it snowed in NWI, it was there for the entire  winter.  When I told friends who called during the winter, that I was grilling outside at night, in shorts, they would not believe me.  But, Steve. That is how the weather is in Denver.  I would not trade it for anything. Especially the clear blue skies, when the weather is clear.  Never a cloud in the sky. For an entire day. Nothing like it.

And for those reading this. Steve is building a car wash.  In Dove Valley.  Dove Valley is South of Denver.  And the practice home to the Denver Broncos. 

Always loved Brown County in the fall, especially the Covered Bridge Trail. Back in the day spent many a fall mornings breezing through the beautiful colors on my motorcycle.

Two other places that are beautiful for fall colors are where I90 crosses the Mississippi River by La Crosse, Wisconsin, and farther east on I90 where it crosses the Rocky River near Cleveland. Spectacular.

In Texas, we have two fall colors...Brown and green.

Archived