Indiana State Game Thread

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Indykev said:

First game with a new coach, with a worse team that missed the tourney last season. calm down.

Exactly.  We didn’t make the tourney last year, and we lost our 3 best players this offseason.  It’s going to take some time.  Plus ISU is shooting the lights out right now.

Just now, StLHoosier said:

Exactly.  We didn’t make the tourney last year, and we lost our 3 best players this offseason.  It’s going to take some time.  Plus ISU is shooting the lights out right now.

Apparently a new coach, with a team that's accustomed to playing with no rules, should immediately play with perfect fundamentals and be a final four caliber team.  Guess I should adjust my expectations for this 1 game.

1 minute ago, Snozzwangers_und_covfefe said:

Apparently a new coach, with a team that's accustomed to playing with no rules, should immediately play with perfect fundamentals and be a final four caliber team.  Guess I should adjust my expectations for this 1 game.

It doesn't take anything close to a final 4 team to beat ISU. Nor does it take anything close to a final 4 team to hold a team like ISU under 50 for a half.

Just now, Bigred3588 said:

It doesn't take anything close to a final 4 team to beat ISU. Nor does it take anything close to a final 4 team to hold a team like ISU under 50 for a half.

And it's not that abnormal for a team like ISU to beat a team like IU.  Upsets happen all the time, especially early in the season....Geez, Izzo and the mighty spartans lost to Northeastern at home just last year and I'd argue they're just as bad as ISU and Izzo has had decades to have his system in place for that game.

I think I just had a beer in 49 seconds. Kind of glad I just have to listen. Whoever the commentator is with DF just said you have to credit IU for doing a really good job.....and I was like wtf are you talking about? Anyone know who Don's sidekick is?

He just said. It's really important to cut this thing to under 20. Psychologically speaking....hahahahahahaha

Archived