Indiana State Game Thread

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm with you in the long haul. I really am. But down 20? Even the most positive IU fan can't be a tad ticked off what just happened. 

Nope. My dad is currently smiling watching this game and looking at the bright side.. I am struggling to watch, and he is not helping. Lol

True story.  I had been out and caught a couple of minutes late in the first half on the radio on my way home.  Conversation that just happened in my house when I got home and walked in the door.

13 year old son - "Ha. Ha.  Guess what?  Kentucky is losing."

Me - "Umm.  Are you not keeping up with the IU game online?"

13 year old son - "No.  Are we losing?'

Me - "You can say that."

5 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Thank you!! At least that's something to look forward to.....

Hehe...I’m still looking forward to basketball season even with the less than stellar first half.  With the limited offseason practice, the team really hasn’t played that long together in the new system.  Were there some defensive mistakes in the first half?  You bet.  Were there open shots we took and missed that we will probably make 9/10?  Yep.  Are we playing a team that’s better that what people expected?  Yep.  We just need to sit back and watch the team grow.  I’m excited to see how they respond in the second half!

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

True story.  I had been out and caught a couple of minutes late in the first half on the radio on my way home.  Conversation that just happened in my house when I got home and walked in the door.

13 year old son - "Ha. Ha.  Guess what?  Kentucky is losing."

Me - "Umm.  Are you not keeping up with the IU game online?"

13 year old son - "No.  Are we losing?'

Me - "You can say that."

Why is your son paying attention to UK and not IU?:cheers:

I have watched every minute of every game I was able to.  I am a Hoosier fan regardless of outcome, now my wife son and dog much prefer me when IU plays well.

My 6 year old son asked why I was so mad.  I explained to him that my dad his grandpa, whom he has never met, always watched IU together and when they play bad it hurts me because I remember the great times I had watching IU with my dad growing up in the 80's and 90's when they won all the time.  That conversation really put things into perspective.  This is just a game that should be enjoyed.  Miss ya dad, things will get better.

Just now, bstall76 said:

I have watched every minute of every game I was able to.  I am a Hoosier fan regardless of outcome, now my wife son and dog much prefer me when IU plays well.

My 6 year old son asked why I was so mad.  I explained to him that my dad his grandpa, whom he has never met, always watched IU together and when they play bad it hurts me because I remember the great times I had watching IU with my dad growing up in the 80's and 90's when they won all the time.  That conversation really put things into perspective.  This is just a game that should be enjoyed.  Miss ya dad, things will get better.

Love your post.

Archived