Michigan State Postgame Thread

KDB

36 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My thinking comes from watching IU football for over 40 years and until I see it with my eyes I will predict losses to UM and NEB.

Treasure you for your 40 years.  In my case, I go further back.  Into the 1950's.  And though I understand where you are coming from.  Magic... though rare, can strike the IUFB program. I think of when I was an IU student. And the magical season of 1967. 

1967 Indiana Hoosiers football team

If it could happen then.  IMHO it can happen again.   Magic 

I will never give up. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Treasure you for your 40 years.  In my case, I go further back.  Into the 1950's.  And though I understand where you are coming from.  Magic... though rare, can strike the IUFB program. I think of when I was an IU student. And the magical season of 1967. 

1967 Indiana Hoosiers football team

If it could happen then.  IMHO it can happen again.   Magic 

I will never give up. 

Not going to go away but 67 is 52 years ago.  Just saying I won't predict us to only lose one game the rest of the year.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not going to go away but 67 is 52 years ago.  Just saying I won't predict us to only lose one game the rest of the year.

Yes. It's been tough following IUFB all the years we have been doing it.  You, me... and so many others.  Let's never give up hope, however.

I'm not sure if I'm quite ready to predict only 1 more loss, but I wouldn't be surprised if we only have 2 more losses.

Rutgers should be a pushover, and NW should be a win.  Maryland has sucked the last 2 weeks, and Purdue looks like they have lost their 3 most important players this year (Moore, Sindelar, and Bailey).  Nebraska is way overrated from the start of the year.  Michigan is ready to throw Harbaugh out the door.  By the time we play them, they might have the pitchforks out.  Penn State has looked really good, but I won't call that a for sure loss until I see how they do @ Iowa on 10/12.  Their non conference schedule was not much more difficult than ours.  Buffalo and Idaho suck, and Pitt is about like Illinois/Purdue, and they only won that 17-10.

The problem I see is that even if we have a 75% chance in each of our next 4 games, we're most likely to go 3-1.  It is going to be real tough for us to win each of our tossup and should win games.

As of now, I'm still sticking with 7-5, but with the way Penix has played, all bets are off the rest of the season.  

3 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

I'm not sure if I'm quite ready to predict only 1 more loss, but I wouldn't be surprised if we only have 2 more losses.

Rutgers should be a pushover, and NW should be a win.  Maryland has sucked the last 2 weeks, and Purdue looks like they have lost their 3 most important players this year (Moore, Sindelar, and Bailey).  Nebraska is way overrated from the start of the year.  Michigan is ready to throw Harbaugh out the door.  By the time we play them, they might have the pitchforks out.  Penn State has looked really good, but I won't call that a for sure loss until I see how they do @ Iowa on 10/12.  Their non conference schedule was not much more difficult than ours.  Buffalo and Idaho suck, and Pitt is about like Illinois/Purdue, and they only won that 17-10.

The problem I see is that even if we have a 75% chance in each of our next 4 games, we're most likely to go 3-1.  It is going to be real tough for us to win each of our tossup and should win games.

As of now, I'm still sticking with 7-5, but with the way Penix has played, all bets are off the rest of the season.  

Watching the Colts lose to a bad team today should show you to never over look an opponent.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Watching the Colts lose to a bad team today should show you to never over look an opponent.

It doesn't matter if I overlook them.  I trust the staff and players won't.

And, we'll probably be around a 20 point favorite while the Colts were a 6.5 point favorite.

Just because the Colts suck doesn't mean IU football does :coffee:

I'm a Bears fan, couldn't help myself!

22 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

And, we'll probably be around a 20 point favorite while the Colts were a 6.5 point favorite.

Bears will go no where with how bad their offense is. I have nothing against them, honestly...most of the time I root for them. Trubisky is not the guy. 

24 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Half of the Elimination pool that I'm in lost on the Colts today. They liked the 6.5 point spread. I knew that was  little high. Brissett has looked pretty good, but the Colts are going to lose a few they shouldn't have this year.

12 hours ago, IU878176 said:

It’s probaly my poor memory but it seems to me that we have been considered a young team something like 7 of the last 8 years :).

Pre-season I picked us to go 5-7 but am now with you in that I feel a bit confident about making a bowl. The Rutgers game, is huge. Win and a bowl is in our sights but losing (which I don’t expect) would derail yet another season.

what teams are younger? allen said iu is THE (apologies if i violated ohio state's trademark) youngest team in the league. indiana's roster is half freshmen and 70% frosh and soph. there are teams younger than that? maybe nebraska?

4 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

not so sure about northwestern. we've seen their act before. lose 3 of their first 4  then win 7 of their next 8

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

go pack go!

1 hour ago, coachv said:

not so sure about northwestern. we've seen their act before. lose 3 of their first 4  then win 7 of their next 8

I think they'll improve, but this year they weren't expected to be very good, and they aren't. Most previous years they're expected to be good even with a poor start because they have some talent, but they just don't have that talent this year.

1 hour ago, coachv said:

what teams are younger? allen said iu is THE (apologies if i violated ohio state's trademark) youngest team in the league. indiana's roster is half freshmen and 70% frosh and soph. there are teams younger than that? maybe nebraska?

You had me at “THE” 😂.. anyway, according to this article, Indiana is kind of 3rd youngest in the Big Ten but really pretty close to Purdue. Iowa is down there because they list 67 freshmen, but they also have 26 more players on their roster than IU.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Big-10-Football-2019-Youngest-Oldest-Teams-Experienced-134053658/#134053658_8

13 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I think they'll improve, but this year they weren't expected to be very good, and they aren't. Most previous years they're expected to be good even with a poor start because they have some talent, but they just don't have that talent this year.

that hunter johnson thing hasn't worked out. remember when people were hoping he would transfer to indiana? myself included. wouldn't trade him for penix now

34 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

You had me at “THE” 😂.. anyway, according to this article, Indiana is kind of 3rd youngest in the Big Ten but really pretty close to Purdue. Iowa is down there because they list 67 freshmen, but they also have 26 more players on their roster than IU.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Big-10-Football-2019-Youngest-Oldest-Teams-Experienced-134053658/#134053658_8

thanks for the link. enjoyed that. as a matter of practicality, i rate indiana as second youngest. iowa still has 43 upper classmen to 29 for indiana. having a boatload of freshmen should not tip the balance if they are not playing

Archived