Hoosier Hysteria..

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

On January 1st, I’ll be concerned about injuries. On October 5th they are like that gnat buzzing your ears that won’t go away. Nuisance for sure, but nothing to go nuts about 

Yeah, preseason injuries are no big deal....unless you are a Colts fan.  :coffee:

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

I think CAM is very, VERY passionate, but has the emotional range of an artichoke.  Very "Red Forman" like.  I think he would take on the South Korean army with a rubber band and pen cap to defend his guys, but might give a crisp high five for an undefeted, national title.

I could not find anything specifically addressing the emotions of an artichoke, but I did find this site that discusses the meanings when you see an artichoke in your dreams.

https://www.auntyflo.com/dream-dictionary/artichoke

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I agree.  But, when the message is 'recruiting obligation', it sounded as if there was a deadline he had to meet.  What deadline is there for a group of kids who are there watching the scrimmage?  They were still going to be there 20 minutes later.

Reservations at Little Zagreb might be... just a thought.

Appreciate all the links provided for us on HH.

Watched all the interviews this morning, and noticed at Jerome refers to CAM as "Archie" and not "Coach" like all the players. Since I'm a guy who believes "words mean things", I wonder if during his recovery, he formed a special bond with Archie. After all, he was on the bench with him all year, listened to strategy, sub rotations, observations from CAM, etc etc.

Hope it's true. He sure seems like he's special. They all are in their own ways.

2 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Thanks, Mile, but I have a question for you. Isn’t it like 4:00 AM where you live?  Why are you up?  🤣. I’d still be asleep if the kids hadn’t woken us up. 

Dog woke me up. Had to do her business outside. No biggie. Being retired, I can sleep whenever.  LOL

3 minutes ago, RJPaisley said:

Calbert Cheaney is pure class. What a wonderful representative he is for IU. 

Calbert has been pure class the moment he walked on campus in 1989...he was the epitome of an Indiana basketball player on and off the court...i just wish they could have hung a banner during his time but that doesn't take away from his accomplishments during his time at IU

It’s early so trying not to read much into HH...

1. If we have 3 players out during the season that are impact players, were in trouble ( this likely applies to most teams)

2. Archie made comment about the team being in development?  Does this mean they’re working in slowly or is he priming us for another sub-par season?

13 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

He is an introvert, but so is Coach K. John Wooden was and I’m sure Brad Stevens is as well. Being an introvert doesn’t guarantee success as a coach, but it’s not necessarily a negative either. 

There's being introverted, and there's just having a no-BS personality. I think Archie is more of an introvert than an extrovert, but he's absolutely the no-nonsense type as well. I think he's a good speaker/communicator publicly. Not great, but good. He doesn't have a deer in the headlights look. More of a "Can we get this over with, I have real $#@+ to do." look. He's not going to shy away from the PR aspects of the job, but he's not going to like them either.AAnd if there's a personal or emotional exchange, he's going to do it one-on-one, not in public.

Win, and nobody is going to care. Bill Belichick has the charisma and showmanship of a cardboard box. But that's not what he gets paid to do.

7 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

There's being introverted, and there's just having a no-BS personality. I think Archie is more of an introvert than an extrovert, but he's absolutely the no-nonsense type as well. I think he's a good speaker/communicator publicly. Not great, but good. He doesn't have a deer in the headlights look. More of a "Can we get this over with, I have real $#@+ to do." look. He's not going to shy away from the PR aspects of the job, but he's not going to like them either.AAnd if there's a personal or emotional exchange, he's going to do it one-on-one, not in public.

Win, and nobody is going to care. Bill Belichick has the charisma and showmanship of a cardboard box. But that's not what he gets paid to do.

Agree with all that except I’d go with a cactus instead of a cardboard box

15 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I agree with you there.  For me, the scrimmage would be much more meaningful to see than the three point or dunk contests.  

agree. the 3 point and dunk contests are so tired. get rid of those and set up a whole new slate of events. if coach wants to get in touch i have it all set up for him

1 hour ago, coachv said:

agree. the 3 point and dunk contests are so tired. get rid of those and set up a whole new slate of events. if coach wants to get in touch i have it all set up for him

I dont think they are tired, we just haven't had a "holy crap!!!" dunker since, Troy🤔?  And they tried switching up with a different shooting contest when Cody was here....it didnt really work.

18 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Guess I am going by what I read on this board.

Per DMB, we don’t play anyone in the pre-conference schedule. Per Scott, the conference championship is all that matters.

If we’ re healthy on January 1, we’ve got them both covered 😛

When did I say that the only thing that matters was the conference championship.  The only thing I remember saying is that the regular season championship was more important than the BTT championship.

2 hours ago, coachv said:

Maybe they could also-- you know-- not set off the fire alarms with their production.  Did I catch that right earlier in this thread?   That's as bush league as it comes in the land of event production  But you probably have that part in your plan already lol

9 minutes ago, Lizard said:

Maybe they could also-- you know-- not set off the fire alarms with their production.  Did I catch that right earlier in this thread?   That's as bush league as it comes in the land of event production  But you probably have that part in your plan already lol

So you would rather the fire alarm not work and people be in the arena when it is on fire.  I guess the Tennessee Titans are bush league when they caught their turf on fire with their pre game festivities.

5 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Belicheat doesn't have to recruit though.

Archived