Hoosier Hysteria..

1 minute ago, coachv said:

i think he added "in the country" or it was a different time. i have a lot of hope for smith to make a big jump this season. apparently i am the only one.

You are not alone. I hope he makes a huge leap too. I think I posted earlier, but if he's put in the right position, dedicates to playing hard and focused consistently, a lineup of Phinisee, Green, Hunter, Smith and TJD could be a monster lineup. 

But, if he plays like he did last year with focus lapses, lack of energy a lot and is put in the wrong position (3/wing), then I think he ends up on the bench more than he'd like. He's an extremely valuable player that has potential to have a huge impact, but he's also a junior that's played a lot, so it's time to realize that potential. 

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, coachv said:

i think he added "in the country" or it was a different time. i have a lot of hope for smith to make a big jump this season. apparently i am the only one.

As Gleas said you’re not alone. 

There’s plenty of reason to have high hopes for Justin. The kid is talented, he’s a force when he brings it, he’s tough, he has locked good players down. I’m one who likes him - I want him to succeed. 

This discussion has focused on his position, where he best fits, but has strayed into his self-imposed limitations - his effort and focus. 

Unless he has developed a solid consistent jumper with range (have not seen that), and the ability to handle the ball in the lane and traffic, his best spot is forward / the 4. And having guys like Al and Hunter shooting / driving from the wing will help his game, should open space and room for him. 

On his D and overall game, I think he has the potential to really shine this year - and of course I’d love to see that - but as CAM aluded to, that’s up to him - he has to bring focus and energy, consistently. Do that, and the team will benefit from his game 

On 10/9/2019 at 11:26 AM, coachv said:

another consideration is, you don't want trayce blowing out his knee while fighting for a rebound and being carted off the floor in front of 8,000 fans. that would kinda put a damper on the festivities

I get the intent, and I'm not saying or suggesting it is illogical.

Archived