Penix is the Real Deal

That decision to run out the clock rather than score? Mark Dantonio had seen enough of Michael Penix.

“I didn’t want to give them any time the way they’d been throwing the ball”

What are your thoughts on having Penix at QB for another 3.5 seasons?

55 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

That decision to run out the clock rather than score? Mark Dantonio had seen enough of Michael Penix.

Nice write-up...I am excited no doubt.  I just hope the kid stays healthy.

I would agree.  I was pleasantly surprised to see some nice touch on his passes.  Previously,  I questioned if he had any touch as everything seemed to be thrown on a line.  I will add that Sio needs to play more even if it's just first and second down.  By far the most stout defensive lineman we have versus the run. Ball has pretty much disappeared. Also, Bedford played better than any game I"ve seen Cronk play all year (and that's being nice).

6 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

With that quote, it furthers what alot of fans have said.  Why not run two plays, if possible, at the conclusion of the first half instead of  running down the clock taking a knee.

17 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

With that quote, it furthers what alot of fans have said.  Why not run two plays, if possible, at the conclusion of the first half instead of  running down the clock taking a knee.

MP has done a great job reigning in that arm from a cannon down to a rifle.  But, end of the half...come on.  If we're past our own 25, let him uncork a couple.  Send Whop, Westbrook, Ellis and whoever else for a hail mary and let MP get it to them. 

7 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

I hope we have Penix for 3.5 more years.  I worry he'll be good enough to head to the NFL before then, but that is obviously a really good problem to have!

I'd settle for 2.5 more years, some Heisman talk, a semi-major bowl and a 1st round pick.

2 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

I'd settle for 2.5 more years, some Heisman talk, a semi-major bowl and a 1st round pick.

Considering where the program has been for so long why did you leave cure cancer from the list?

In all seriousness he is the best prospect at the QB position that we have had in quite some time. Cant wait to see what the future holds for him and the Hoosiers 

39 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Considering where the program has been for so long why did you leave cure cancer from the list?

In all seriousness he is the best prospect at the QB position that we have had in quite some time. Cant wait to see what the future holds for him and the Hoosiers 

Now CTA and Co. need to continue to build an offense that consistently protects and complements his God given talent.  When this happens, top defensive players will want to be a part something special as well.

25 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Now CTA and Co. need to continue to build an offense that consistently protects and complements his God given talent.  When this happens, top defensive players will want to be a part something special as well.

Very true.  That is where many of our deficiencies have been. 

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Penix would be way high in the country in passing yards if he hadn't gotten hurt. We're 11th as a team as it stands. We're 20th in PYG. 

I like how he isn't just a bulk guy either.  He isn't one of those guys who goes 28-50 for 375 yards, 3 TDs, and 2 interceptions.  He's solid across the board.

7 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

The twenty straight completions was eye popping. Anybody has to be s believer after that. We are talking about a freshman. 

I could see throwing up an asterisk if it was 20 straight vs Southwest Saskatchewan A&T with half of them being flares or screens. This was 20 straight completions of various lengths, against a legitimate defense.

Borderline mind blowing if you think about it.

Archived