What kind of non traditional food do you like for...

milehiiu

• 1 year later...

Didn't know where to post this, so I dug up and older thread (as a bonus a @milehiiu posts)...

I love Mexican food...Found 2 things recently at Walmart (😮) that I really liked and thought I would share...

First an excellent dipping sauce to tortilla chips...

Diablo.PNG.588b25d2f5836abbbce3d523a3172ff4.PNG

Really good green sauce for chip dipping...They also have mild and medium...

And then my favorite soup of all time Pozole De Pollo...

Pozole.PNG.118e4641bc38cc0ef95a961ef4f71ac4.PNG

With the cooler weather coming up, it'll warm you up...

Not sure they stock either one in Indiana, but if you run across either, give them a try...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Didn't know where to post this, so I dug up and older thread (as a bonus a @milehiiu posts)...

I love Mexican food...Found 2 things recently at Walmart (😮) that I really liked and thought I would share...

Not sure they stock either one in Indiana, but if you run across either, give them a try...

Is that Barney's Juanita?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Could be...maybe Pozole de Pollo got it's start in the Mayberry Diner!

A) Pozole is considered to be a hangover remedy by some. Would’ve been a hit with Otis. 
B) Can’t you just hear Barney trying to pronounce that? “Yeah….gimme that pozz-oh-lay de po-low”. 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I came out of the shower the other day and my wife was eating cold potato salad in bed.....I immediately got worried she was pregnant.....thank God she isn't!! But man she eats the weirdest stuff in the AM!

...and I used to bitch at my first wife for eating ice cream in bed.

• Haha 1

On 10/3/2021 at 1:28 PM, IUFLA said:

Amazon has the pork pazole.  And tripe. 

2 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Don't know how non traditional but I have no problem eating chili for breakfast. 

I eat chili for breakfast as well.  But then again, I eat chili year round.  Usually with crackers; however, an occasional butter & peanut butter Sammy is also good. 

• Like 2

Probably already mentioned but the weirdest breakfast I ever was served was when I spent a few weeks in England....just could get into it....something like this except the beans usually covered everything...and the blood sausage...oyee I still can't get the taste out of my mouth. I realized why Brits were often over-weight like us Americans....because all I could eat the whole time was Fish and Chips because I couldn't stomach most of the food there. All that fried food took me weeks to get out of my system.

british breakfast.jpg

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

Probably already mentioned but the weirdest breakfast I ever was served was when I spent a few weeks in England....just could get into it....something like this except the beans usually covered everything...and the blood sausage...oyee I still can't get the taste out of my mouth. I realized why Brits were often over-weight like us Americans....because all I could eat the whole time was Fish and Chips because I couldn't stomach most of the food there. All that fried food took me weeks to get out of my system.

british breakfast.jpg

Yeah, last time I was in England the motel had a breakfast buffet. About the only thing that was paltable was the eggs! Even then they didn't taste right after the rest! Although, I disagree on the Fish and Chips, I didn't like those either.

We did find a resteraunt one night though that served African Piri-Piri Chicken! Best meal I had the whole trip. 

• Like 1

It wasn’t me, today the two guys I regularly lunch with noticed a new menu item! They didn’t know what they were getting into and neither finished! The Goliath Burger, bacon cheeseburger between two grilled cheese! They both said it was real good!
3A8CB3AA-A898-4986-9AA9-06BFBC60A3FB.thumb.jpeg.9d1a8a85b7125504399fc57ceaa2f754.jpeg

Edited by Drroogh
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Drroogh said:

It wasn’t me, today the two guys I regularly lunch with noticed a new menu item! They didn’t know what they were getting into and neither finished! The Goliath Burger, bacon cheeseburger between two grilled cheese! They both said it was real good!
3A8CB3AA-A898-4986-9AA9-06BFBC60A3FB.thumb.jpeg.9d1a8a85b7125504399fc57ceaa2f754.jpeg

And of course, the mayonnaise is served on the side. Actually putting it on that delicious, mouth watering pile of cholesterol would be unhealthy. :coffee: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

And of course, the mayonnaise is served on the side. Actually putting it on that delicious, mouth watering pile of cholesterol would be unhealthy. :coffee: 

I don’t know if it’s a Southern thing or just these two, they always order extra mayonnaise! They put it on everything!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Drroogh said:

I was expecting to see a Diet Coke in there somewhere...

• Haha 2