What kind of non traditional food do you like for...

milehiiu

On 10/3/2021 at 1:28 PM, IUFLA said:

Didn't know where to post this, so I dug up and older thread (as a bonus a @milehiiu posts)...

I love Mexican food...Found 2 things recently at Walmart (😮) that I really liked and thought I would share...

First an excellent dipping sauce to tortilla chips...

Diablo.PNG.588b25d2f5836abbbce3d523a3172ff4.PNG

Really good green sauce for chip dipping...They also have mild and medium...

And then my favorite soup of all time Pozole De Pollo...

Pozole.PNG.118e4641bc38cc0ef95a961ef4f71ac4.PNG

With the cooler weather coming up, it'll warm you up...

Not sure they stock either one in Indiana, but if you run across either, give them a try...

Do you use the green sauce for anything else? Only chips? 

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 9:39 AM, btownqb said:

Do you use the green sauce for anything else? Only chips? 

I don't know about him but salsa verde (and I know that isn't exactly simply salsa verde) works best on pork and chicken ...unlike him I'm not a big fan on beef or in this case chips but I know many love it for that. A salsa verde chicken enchilada is perhaps on of my favorite mexican dishes (which I have many!!).

• Like 2

On 10/3/2021 at 1:28 PM, IUFLA said:

Didn't know where to post this, so I dug up and older thread (as a bonus a @milehiiu posts)...

I love Mexican food...Found 2 things recently at Walmart (😮) that I really liked and thought I would share...

First an excellent dipping sauce to tortilla chips...

Diablo.PNG.588b25d2f5836abbbce3d523a3172ff4.PNG

Really good green sauce for chip dipping...They also have mild and medium...

And then my favorite soup of all time Pozole De Pollo...

Pozole.PNG.118e4641bc38cc0ef95a961ef4f71ac4.PNG

With the cooler weather coming up, it'll warm you up...

Not sure they stock either one in Indiana, but if you run across either, give them a try...

The Diablo Verde and the @milehiiu reference reminded me of one of his favorites. The Slopper”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Here is another non-traditional thing (at least in my orbit) that I absolutely love on crackers...braunschweiger...especially the softer Oscar Meyer stuff.

Anything with liver of any kind I'm for...

Best ravioli I every had was down by the Navy Yard in DC...filled with goose liver...killer diller...

Slice an onion, squirt it down with Lemon juice. Eat.

I learned this while touring India for 3 weeks. After about an 8 hour car ride, we were heading into our stop for the night in Daman. Daman is a "dry" state so my guide thought he'd treat me with an Indian Snack food. Sliced Onion with lemon juice. 

It wasn't freakin booze, but I am actually sitting here right not munching on it. It's that yeng/ yang thang with a totally boring twist that I just can't seem to stop eating. Freakin punjabies! :) 

9 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I learned this while touring India for 3 weeks. After about an 8 hour car ride, we were heading into our stop for the night in Daman. Daman is a "dry" state so my guide thought he'd treat me with an Indian Snack food. Sliced Onion with lemon juice. 

It wasn't freakin booze, but I am actually sitting here right not munching on it. It's that yeng/ yang thang with a totally boring twist that I just can't seem to stop eating. Freakin punjabies! :) 

Kind of sounds like a similar principle to pickled onions. 

2 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

They peel it first though right?

• 8 months later...