Odd food combinations.

mrflynn03

The other food topic and boredom at work got me thinking, does anyone have food combinations that would be considered weird.  

For me, things my wife thinks is weird or gross

I like to make chicken flavored ramen, dump the water, and add ranch and the seasoning.

I like a peanut butter and honey sandwich to dip in my chili.

I also put maple syrup on my eggs.  And on most breakfast foods really. 

I'll eat cottage cheese with just about anything.  People think it's weird.  Admittedly, I didn't try cottage cheese until I was 28 because it looked weird.  My now wife of almost 11 years made me try it.  I was like dang that's good.  Now I'll eat a full container  week.  

I'll add any fruit.  Chips.  Dump it on salad.  We even throw it in lasagna if we don't have ricotta.  

20 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I'll eat cottage cheese with just about anything.  People think it's weird.  Admittedly, I didn't try cottage cheese until I was 28 because it looked weird.  My now wife of almost 11 years made me try it.  I was like dang that's good.  Now I'll eat a full container  week.  

I'll add any fruit.  Chips.  Dump it on salad.  We even throw it in lasagna if we don't have ricotta.  

I love cottage cheese for breakfast.  We get it delivered fresh from the dairy. 

Try it with a touch of fresh ground pepper.

Why Cottage Cheese Is Super Healthy and Nutritious

23 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I also put maple syrup on my eggs.  And on most breakfast foods really. 

I love breakfast sausage with maple syrup. 

There was an old greasy spoon diner in my hometown that made a sausage gravy omelette.  It's actually really good. 

22 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I am the furthest thing from a picky eater, but cottage cheese makes my list of foods that I don't touch.  Has nothing to do with the taste.  It's the appearance and texture.  I have an almost-phobia about sour milk, and when I look at a package of cottage cheese, that's all I can see.  I don't even have a sensitive sense of smell, but just open a carton of spoiled milk, and I can smell it from 5 feet away. 

Now, the part that makes absolutely no damn sense (given the source (me)...not surprising), I love all the pungent, crumbly cheeses there are: bleu, Gorgonzola, etc.  Why those and not cottage cheese? It's the liquidy-ness of cottage cheese.  

15 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I am the furthest thing from a picky eater, but cottage cheese makes my list of foods that I don't touch.  Has nothing to do with the taste.  It's the appearance and texture.  I have an almost-phobia about sour milk, and when I look at a package of cottage cheese, that's all I can see.  I don't even have a sensitive sense of smell, but just open a carton of spoiled milk, and I can smell it from 5 feet away. 

Now, the part that makes absolutely no damn sense (given the source (me)...not surprising), I love all the pungent, crumbly cheeses there are: bleu, Gorgonzola, etc.  Why those and not cottage cheese? It's the liquidy-ness of cottage cheese.  

I'm telling you just try it it's so good lol

It's been awhile but I do like some cottage cheese over a pineapple ring and some lettuce.

This was a midnight I had some vodka and the small town gas station down the street was the only thing open.

Grilled pickle loaf sandwich with american cheese and baby bel white cheddar sliced up and tomato soup.  Liked it enough I've had it a few times over the years. 

31 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I love breakfast sausage with maple syrup. 

There was an old greasy spoon diner in my hometown that made a sausage gravy omelette.  It's actually really good. 

Second the sausage and syrup.

Never been much of an omelette guy but that sounds good. 

12 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Some may think it is weird. Not me. Been eating it as a quick snack for years...... Cream Cheese in the rib of a Celery Stalk, sprinkled with a touch of salt.

Will have to try cream cheese sometime. I have always used either peanut butter or pimento cheese. 

Archived