Big Ten Plus ?'s

tdhoosier

You can download the BTN app on a Roku or stream it with Chromecast, but the app isn’t available on the Fire Stick.  I watched the Hoosier Hysteria stream on my laptop hooked up to my TV with an HDMI cord, but it was pretty poor quality.  That may have been because of my spotty internet connection though.  I watched the exhibition games on a Roku, and the stream was great.

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

A couple of questions....

Does the app allow you to stream the game to your TV via airplay or firestick? Or do you have to watch on a device?

Have the streams been choppy or has B1G network improved this? 

Has anybody tried to get the game on Kodi? Any luck? 

I would also like to know if the game is available on Kodi. I'm not about to pay $10 to watch one measily game.

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'm S.O.L.; not about to spend $10 to stare at my computer. Hopefully B1G network will add Fire TV to their line up soon....I watch all my TV via streaming internet anyway so I got the bandwidth juice for picture quality, just no vehicle to deliver it. (shout out to VUE tv with the sports package....best decision I made this year.)

8 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

I cut the cord and went with the fire stick too.  Have Netflix and Amazon prime amongst us and the kids, got the cheapest direct TV now package and then use Kodi on the side.  That pretty much covers everything.  And including overpriced internet I pay around $110. BUT I don't get btn plus. Grrr.

One thing that I did that makes a huge difference is upgraded the firestick with the new fire tv box so I get 60 frames per second vs. 30. The picture quality difference is huge...especially when watching football, hockey....or the stupid ticker at the bottom of the news channels. I figure I can afford the extra $40 if I'm saving $55 a month by not having cable. 

Just now, tdhoosier said:

One thing that I did that makes a huge difference is upgraded the firestick with the new fire tv box so I get 60 frames per second vs. 30. The picture quality difference is huge...especially when watching football, hockey....or the stupid ticker at the bottom of the news channels. I figure I can afford the extra $40 if I'm saving $55 a month by not having cable. 

I did that for my main tv and it was certainly reduced my buffer interruptions.

5 hours ago, Colonialcrester said:

I cut the cord and went with the fire stick too.  Have Netflix and Amazon prime amongst us and the kids, got the cheapest direct TV now package and then use Kodi on the side.  That pretty much covers everything.  And including overpriced internet I pay around $110. BUT I don't get btn plus. Grrr.

Check out hulu tv. The format is kinda screwy amd takes some getting used to but i get all the chanels i normally watch for about half the price. 

7 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'm S.O.L.; not about to spend $10 to stare at my computer. Hopefully B1G network will add Fire TV to their line up soon....I watch all my TV via streaming internet anyway so I got the bandwidth juice for picture quality, just no vehicle to deliver it. (shout out to VUE tv with the sports package....best decision I made this year.)

I cut the cord in the early summer and went with PlayStation Vue on a Fire TV. Best decision I ever made. I get all the live TV I need, don't miss any of my shows, and I'm saving about $100 per month.

Archived