Rutgers Pregame Thread

KDB

Some folks on here have talked about this game and how we should win by a huge margin. 

This is IU football we’re talking about here. I hope we do blow Rutgers away. I hope all kinds of records are set. I hope that on Homecoming, all the alumni who come to the game can celebrate a convincing win. But really, I just want a win. One more step to 6 and a bowl bid.

Well after being way off base on the Michigan State game I hope we don't play down to the level of our competition. This team has to play with an attitude and aggressiveness in every game, not just against the power teams. 

Please go out and dominate and destroy. Pound them into submission!

2 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Well after being way off base on the Michigan State game I hope we don't play down to the level of our competition. This team has to play with an attitude and aggressiveness in every game, not just against the power teams. 

From "Remember the Titans"..."Leave no doubt..."

22 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Some folks on here have talked about this game and how we should win by a huge margin. 

This is IU football we’re talking about here. I hope we do blow Rutgers away. I hope all kinds of records are set. I hope that on Homecoming, all the alumni who come to the game can celebrate a convincing win. But really, I just want a win. One more step to 6 and a bowl bid.

22 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

was not long ago we blew a 25 point second half lead to rutgers

7 hours ago, jefftheref said:

are you a football or basketball ref?

17 hours ago, jefftheref said:

I was a basketball official. I retired in 2014. 

also, i want to employ you as a surrogate to accept my apologies to all referees for all the horsesh!t stuff i said to them in my younger days. i have regrets. but then again, too few to mention

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a friendly reminder. Don't the let the perfect weather here in Indiana this week fool you. Pretty big drop in temps and winds will be up all day Saturday. Talking from 80 today to lows Saturday morning of 40. 

Turn to the ground game?

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a friendly reminder. Don't the let the perfect weather here in Indiana this week fool you. Pretty big drop in temps and winds will be up all day Saturday. Talking from 80 today to lows Saturday morning of 40. 

It’s my fault. We do a bonfire with our friends every October. We usually do it at the end of the month, but since the weather has been rotten the last few years, we moved it to mid October to beat the bad weather. Of course the day we schedule it for turns ugly. At least the rain on Friday should hopefully get the burn ban lifted for the fire pit. 

Archived