TJD & Joey win First 2 Golden Jerseys

DWB

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Three players were held out of Hoosier Hysteria, due to injury.  One of them was not Joey.  One was De'Ron.  Should answer any question in one's mind as to why De'Ron is/was behind.

Injuries have pretty much kept De'Ron from ever catching up.  Not slamming him.  It's just that he has been hurt for virtually his entire time at IU.  Though not exactly the same, but I'm reminded of Glen Grunwald.  Lots of expectations that went unfulfilled.  I realize De'Ron still has this season, but my expectations for him are minimal, at best.  I do wish him some luck, however...for he surely has had none while a Hoosier.

On 10/14/2019 at 2:20 PM, Hoosierhoopster said:

I think you see the new guys busting their tails to be part of the team. I’d bet on guys like Green and Hunter winning jerseys and so on as the season gets underway, but in terms of overall culture it’s definitely good to see the new guys coming in strong 

have you had an opportunity to see hunter in practice? i think he is very unlikely to win the willie wonka golden ticket award unless he's 100% and ready to bang. 

9 hours ago, DWB said:

I have no doubt Smith is "putting in the time". And I think he's a really nice kid. He's well spoken, obviously has athletic talent, and is (supposedly) smart.

But he has never won the golden jersey that I've seen over the past 2 years. RP was hurt last year, and I wouldn't expect a newbie to win it in the first place (which puts that much more emphasis on TJD's winning it). Devonte is nursing some kind of injury now, since he didn't play in HH, and Al was inconsistent last year with his shooting. He's making strides I'm sure, but he doesn't appear to be head and shoulders above the rest in performance.

I know it sounds like I'm dumping on Smith, but not as a person...but there are a ton of people here, and elsewhere, who think he'll be the next super star for us, and I just don't see it. When I see it, I'll sing his praises to the heavens, and you can all rain down on me all you want. But I don't think he's motivated to play at the same intensity that we saw with McBob, Devonte, Vic, Cody and others.

I'd LOVE for Smith to excel. There's just no evidence to date that he is. Hopefully that will change.

i don't think the golden ticket is handed out during the season

I think it’s a good sign that our big seem ready to contribute. Our lack of a true big was one of our big issues last year.  Looks like we will have a rotation of at least three legit bigs. 

Now if Al and Phinisee can improve their shooting and Jerome is the real deal with his shot our 3pt shooting should be adequate. With Green just needing to maintain. 

Then just need Phinisee to stay healthy for his running the offense and I think we have a shot to be decent. 

14 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Both Dale and Antonio were intimidating dudes. Your life was in jeopardy when you went down the lane and they were both in the game. 

Genes are there for TJD to fill out and become a force for the Hoosiers 

Man I loved that P's team and the Davis 'brothers' -- if TJD plays in that mold, we'll be 'dancing' sooner than later

On 10/18/2019 at 7:02 PM, Steubenhoosier said:

Both Dale and Antonio were intimidating dudes. Your life was in jeopardy when you went down the lane and they were both in the game. 

Genes are there for TJD to fill out and become a force for the Hoosiers 

I wonder if we will see DD  in the Hall this year?

Archived