Anthony Leal making 500 three-point shots per day

10 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Is he saying he takes 500 shots a day or makes 500 a day.  And if he makes 500 a day, how many shot is he taking?   What is the percentage?

The way I take it is he totals 500 made shots and tries to reduce the amount of total shots to reach 500.

Hopefully very good. We need it. 

3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Work ethic is crucial to culture.  These guys are going to come in and set a standard and I’m sure will lead in time.  This kind of stuff transcends a recruit’s ranking.  This is type of kid we always need. 

Leadership too. If I’m Galloway reading this, I’m up tomorrow morning making 500 too. 

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

Leadership too. If I’m Galloway reading this, I’m up tomorrow morning making 500 too. 

Absolutely.  I really enjoy the Hoosier Hysterics podcasts with ex players.  One thing that is a subtext to most of them is  a certain unquantifiable commonality with these guys and what it took to have success.  I think all of the ex players would applaud this work ethic and the importance of leadership as you said.  The notion that you’d see your teammate busting his tail, and it made you want to do it too.

Winning at this level is hard.  By definition, all of the B1G schools have guys on scholarship.  To paraphrase Coach Knight, everybody wants to win but not everybody is ready to do what it takes to prepare to win.   

For the players, there can be a lot of distractions.  Being the BMOC.  Girls, girls, girls.  Parties.  Nicks.  Bars.   But life is short, and you only get one career.  From the podcast with the players, we hear the commitment to winning.  

I think the majority of IU fans get this, and want this culture back with permanency.  You can’t get it right with every single player, but the tradition and mentoring from older to younger was a hallmark of Indiana basketball.  I think we are getting excited about the prospect of that mentality coming back.

22 hours ago, BGleas said:

I think it’s great you have two friends that have such leadership qualities. They should push each other and honestly will fight for playing time because they play same position....great thing is when one comes off another great one comes on.

One thing that gets overlooked when we talk about Anthony Leal and making 500 3s is the mental toughness something like that takes. I'm sure there are times he doesn't feel like doing that. 

But I think he knows that beyond what it means in refining his outside shot, that mental toughness will carry over too.

Love the work ethic. Especially from a kid coming into the program. That's what Oladipo did.  In the gym. With IU's great facilities.  To improve his game.

One question.  Who is doing the counting ?  Seriously.  A coach ?  Or a team manager ?  Not a biggie.  Just curious.  Someone has GOT to be chasing down the balls. 

Love Cook Hall. 

30 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Love the work ethic. Especially from a kid coming into the program. That's what Oladipo did.  In the gym. With IU's great facilities.  To improve his game.

One question.  Who is doing the counting ?  Seriously.  A coach ?  Or a team manager ?  Not a biggie.  Just curious.  Someone has GOT to be chasing down the balls. 

Love Cook Hall. 

My best guess is The Gun Shoot a way. 

Internet_20191014_162729.jpeg.jpg

Archived