Rutgers post game

Just now, coachv said:

and maryland's offense put up almost 50 on their terrible defense while ours only 28

Coach. Coach. Coach. Let's look on the bright side of things.  IU is 4-2. Just two games from becoming bowl eligible.  With what looks like a handful of winnable games ahead of us.

20 minutes ago, coachv said:

and maryland's offense put up almost 50 on their terrible defense while ours only 28

😂😂😂😂😂 I hope you never stop posting here 

I cant believe I'm going to waste my time...but UM had a KOR for a TD. So there's 41 for them, not 50 as you say. They also left their starters in the entire 4th q. Also.. Maryland had a 2 yard drive that was set up by a turnover. So there is 34. They outscored us by 6pts... lol smh

We took our starters out in the 3rd and basically did nothing but run the ball and throw hitch routes the last 18mins of the game. You really dont think our starters would have scored 1 or 2 more TDs if they would have stayed in? Good grief. 

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I cant believe I'm going to waste my time...but UM had a KOR for a TD. So there's 41 for them, not 50 as you say. They also left their starters in the entire 4th q. Also.. Maryland had a 2 yard drive that was set up by a turnover. So there is 34. They outscored us by 6pts... lol smh

We took our starters out in the 3rd and basically did nothing but run the ball and throw hitch routes the last 18mins of the game. You really dont think our starters would have scored 1 or 2 more TDs if they would have stayed in? Good grief. 

I'll say it so he can't nail you for it: we also had a defensive score (Christ, I'm bringing up an IU defensive score as a negative....the hell is this world coming to).

Counterpoint: There's no doubt we could have hung another 7, easily. I've never seen a team intentionally trying to only move 3-4 yards at a time than we did in the last 5 minutes. Even going at a normal game pace, Ramsey could have dinked and dunked 5-6 yard hitches and outs all day long, and alternated handing it off to James for 4 a crack.

18 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Hopefully our guys didn’t get too beat up today. Whop was hurt off and on, Penix is a concern and I haven’t heard a report but it sure looked like Littlejohn is gonna be out for a while. We have some depth, but really can’t afford to have 3 starters out at the same time 

I was glad to see Whop come back in after he hobbled off.  I saw Penix in his post game interview, and he was joking around with reporters a little bit.  I didn't see anything else about him, so he should be just fine.  Maybe just a bruise or cramp or something like that.  For Littlejohn, it looked like he rolled his ankle.  Allen said after the game that he thought he would be fine.

From what I've been able to gather, I think Whop and Penix should be good to go for next week, and Littlejohn might be a question mark.

5 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I was glad to see Whop come back in after he hobbled off.  I saw Penix in his post game interview, and he was joking around with reporters a little bit.  I didn't see anything else about him, so he should be just fine.  Maybe just a bruise or cramp or something like that.  For Littlejohn, it looked like he rolled his ankle.  Allen said after the game that he thought he would be fine.

From what I've been able to gather, I think Whop and Penix should be good to go for next week, and Littlejohn might be a question mark.

QB Michael Penix Jr. - Rutgers - 10/12/19

WR Whop Philyor - Rutgers - 10/12/19 

31 minutes ago, coachv said:

And here's the other flip side. Maryland gave up as many TOUCHDOWNS to that train wreck of an offense as we did PASSING YARDS.

In both cases, the total is 1.

1 passing yard. 75 total yards (60 of which came on two medium-long runs). 0-11 on 3rd down. We looked like a hybrid of the '00 Ravens and the '85 Bears playing a JV high school offense. And Maryland's defense gave up a score? And over 300 yards? To THAT?

Then again, they gave up 40 points to Purdue's offense, whose offensive line has 2 scholarship players, one of the cows from the ag science department and two West Lafayette sorority chicks.

Can't count anyone out, but I'm not overly depressed if I'm DeBoer going into this week.

17 minutes ago, btownqb said:

And we were up 21-0 in less than 7 minutes against one of the worst B1G teams I can ever remember.  It makes it really hard to keep up the energy in that situation.

I'd be much more worried as a Maryland fan that they gave up a touchdown and over 300 yards to that offense!

7 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I'm interested to see what the odds look like for next week.  We've been playing solid, and Maryland has had bad losses 3 of the last 4 weeks with Rutgers being the only exception.

I'm feeling really good heading into next week.

ESPN still has Maryland as a 63%  favorite. If you're a gambler and those odds stay posted like that, there's some money to be made.

Archived