Rutgers post game

8 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I'm interested to see what the odds look like for next week.  We've been playing solid, and Maryland has had bad losses 3 of the last 4 weeks with Rutgers being the only exception.

I'm feeling really good heading into next week.

Even though it is a road game. I am feeling positive as well.  Hoping against hope that Penix will be good to go.

Vegas odds should be out on Monday. Early afternoon.

2 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

ESPN still has Maryland as a 63%  favorite. If you're a gambler and those odds stay posted like that, there's some money to be made.

No kidding!  I would guess that hasn't changed since today's games?  After today, I could see those being almost flipped.  I think we match up well against them, so if the line is about even, I might have to take out a 2nd mortgage and go all in!

37 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I'll say it so he can't nail you for it: we also had a defensive score (Christ, I'm bringing up an IU defensive score as a negative....the hell is this world coming to).

Counterpoint: There's no doubt we could have hung another 7, easily. I've never seen a team intentionally trying to only move 3-4 yards at a time than we did in the last 5 minutes. Even going at a normal game pace, Ramsey could have dinked and dunked 5-6 yard hitches and outs all day long, and alternated handing it off to James for 4 a crack.

He did say that though.. he said we scored 28 and Maryland scored 50 (which wasnt true). 

His negativity is insane. 

3 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

No kidding!  I would guess that hasn't changed since today's games?  After today, I could see those being almost flipped.  I think we match up well against them, so if the line is about even, I might have to take out a 2nd mortgage and go all in!

Surely they haven't been updated. 

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

With us being on the road, I could see 50/50, which is probably close to reality. But having us as almost a 3:1 dog is a welcome mat.

Just now, Leathernecks said:

That's what I figured, but after hearing that they scored more against Rutgers than we did, I assume we'll be an underdog haha.

Rutgers defense is bad, but it's nothing more than a bad D1 defense. Their offense is something out of this world though. Calling it anemic is a compliment. EIU looked better than that.

Us scoring less vs Rutgers doesn't bother me. Some of that was choice. But them actually scoring should bother Maryland.

12 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Rutgers defense is bad, but it's nothing more than a bad D1 defense. Their offense is something out of this world though. Calling it anemic is a compliment. EIU looked better than that.

Us scoring less vs Rutgers doesn't bother me. Some of that was choice. But them actually scoring should bother Maryland.

Honestly the worst big ten offense I've ever seen

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

I was just joking around from previous posts.  The Illinois offense a couple years ago was bad, but this Rutgers offense takes bad to a whole new level.  They haven't scored a point in their 3 road games this year.  If Illinois can shut them out, there's a real good shot they don't get a point on the road all year.

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Coach. Coach. Coach. Let's look on the bright side of things.  IU is 4-2. Just two games from becoming bowl eligible.  With what looks like a handful of winnable games ahead of us.

even allen said penix missed a sure td on that throw. 

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

😂😂😂😂😂 I hope you never stop posting here 

I cant believe I'm going to waste my time...but UM had a KOR for a TD. So there's 41 for them, not 50 as you say. They also left their starters in the entire 4th q. Also.. Maryland had a 2 yard drive that was set up by a turnover. So there is 34. They outscored us by 6pts... lol smh

We took our starters out in the 3rd and basically did nothing but run the ball and throw hitch routes the last 18mins of the game. You really dont think our starters would have scored 1 or 2 more TDs if they would have stayed in? Good grief. 

i can't believe you had to waste your time either. don't worry about it. ima handle it

58 minutes ago, WestCoastOffense said:

Nice win today. O-line looking good, and the run game was strong. Penix is a difference maker and Whop adds a threat that makes it tough for defenders. The MSU game in East Lansing was a litmus test for IU, and we did well.

We'll have another test on the road in Maryland, but we now know that this IU team is not just hype.

msu got stomped today so i would not be so certain they provide the litmus test. have they beaten anybody yet?

Just curious who this bum at QB was yesterday, and what happened to the TT transfer they picked up?

I haven't read much more than a sentence about them since before week 1 when I tried to predict Indiana's record.  Just heard about the kids redshirting last week but  could have sworn he would instead win their job. Perhaps the kid I'm thinking of got hurt?

Anyway. So much for that and believing they might score mucj less score 20 IU miscue aided points .

Overall my guess was "close-ish" on how the flow of the game played out otherwise, with  IU ultimately dominating - after leaving the door cracked for them to sneak back in early, but they wouldn't have snuck back in if the opening was big enough for King Kong to fit through......with that "offense" .

2 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

Just curious who this bum at QB was yesterday, and what happened to the TT transfer they picked up?

I haven't read much more than a sentence about them since before week 1 when I tried to predict Indiana's record.  Just heard about the kids redshirting last week but  could have sworn he would instead win their job. Perhaps the kid I'm thinking of got hurt?

Anyway. So much for that and believing they might score mucj less score 20 IU miscue aided points .

Overall my guess was "close-ish" on how the flow of the game played out otherwise, with  IU ultimately dominating - after leaving the door cracked for them to sneak back in early, but they wouldn't have snuck back in if the opening was big enough for King Kong to fit through......with that "offense" .

I just looked up their QB situation.

Mclane Carter is the Texas Tech transfer. He started their 1st 2 games and got a concussion, but I can’t tell if he is available now. 

After the injury, Art Sitkowski was their starter. He (and their top RB) decided to red shirt this season. Along the way somewhere in there the HC got fired. 

They ended up playing Johnny Langan, a RS-Soph transfer from BC. 

I felt bad for him. He had no protection all game and took some big hits after being thrown into a bad situation. 

1 hour ago, BeerBQ said:

I just looked up their QB situation.

Mclane Carter is the Texas Tech transfer. He started their 1st 2 games and got a concussion, but I can’t tell if he is available now. 

After the injury, Art Sitkowski was their starter. He (and their top RB) decided to red shirt this season. Along the way somewhere in there the HC got fired. 

They ended up playing Johnny Langan, a RS-Soph transfer from BC. 

I felt bad for him. He had no protection all game and took some big hits after being thrown into a bad situation. 

They said during the broadcast that Carter quit football after the concussion. 

Archived