davis ellis

coachv

saw that ellis got a few carries against rutgers. looks like allen is looking for a back to take gest's place. from an admittedly small sample, ellis looks like a more elusive and dynamic runner than sampson or walker. wonder if he might work his way up to number 2 on the depth chart this season. we need a back with the ability to make someone miss and some burst to break it all the way when he does. but we also will need a quality receiver next season with hale and westbrook moving on. bears watching

5 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

I think we had him back there a few times earlier in the year. He played quite a bit of RB in high school. I think him being back there is only as a wrinkle in the offense and not an audition at RB

you don't think he looks better back there than walker?

12 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I like him as an impact receiver as soon as next year.  He and Rashawn Williams --the much balyhooed recruit-- may eventually be an impact tandem.

Ellis was a great find by the staff.  His ranking was decent, but he only had offers from Ball State, Bowling Green, Toledo, and Western Michigan.  

One guy who has gotten lost in the shuffle this year is Da'shaun Brown. Some sites ranked him as the #1 rated recruit out of Wisconsin last year.  I've read that we're planning on redshirting him because he was really late getting to campus.  I think it was right before we started fall camp, so he started the year really far behind.  I remember from his videos that he had tons of athleticism, and he could surprise and join that tandem.

Archived