The offense without Morgan and Langford

8 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Archie says it's the deepest team he's had.  I liked his comments about Armaan.  Maybe he can really help us.  I know that GoColts has been telling everyone on the other board that Armaan can do everything Romeo could.  Hope that's true.

Please do not expect that from the kid, I am very high on him but that comparison will leave everyone disappointed. 

A few quotes stand out to me.

Yes, -- of course -- “Move the ball,”  Miller said.  “Move the ball man.  Move the ball.”“We need a group that scores a lot of points from a lot of different people,” Miller said. 

But also --

“Maybe its Devonte and Al having good nights, maybe its our big guys getting to the foul line,” Miller said. 

To me this team is going to be built with our speed and ability to play inside.”

So we'll have to have more transition to get to speed. Should see more outlet passes and getting downhill, if we are "built with our speed." 

But also, as expected, should see more inside-out, looking to Davis and TJD and Brunk, and yes, Smith (who I hope to see on backdoor cuts).

And including Al in the big nights quote -- he continues to be undervalued here, imo. His shot has been improving, he's a veteran player, he's solid, he's been a starter, and he can score. I think he'll be pushing for double figures.

And balance. Will Green average 17-18, or will he be in the 14-15 range with more ball movement with a more balanced scoring approach. Seems like the latter.

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Archie says it's the deepest team he's had.  I liked his comments about Armaan.  Maybe he can really help us.  I know that GoColts has been telling everyone on the other board that Armaan can do everything Romeo could.  Hope that's true.

I don't use the other board but maybe you confused Armaan with Hunter? I've heard several people say Hunter can do everything Romeo could and is a better shooter. I haven't heard much about Armaan yet.

i am not as concerned about move the ball as i am of player movement.  We can move the ball all we want while standing around, which we did alot of last year.  I want to see guards running off screen, cross court and to the basket.  Not running to a spot on the floor and standing there waiting to run the 3 man weave.  Seen enough of that.

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Please do not expect that from the kid, I am very high on him but that comparison will leave everyone disappointed. 

Just to clarify it, what Colts has said is that there isn't anything that Langford does on the court that Franklin can't do. He is not projecting Franklin to average 16ppg or anything. He's saying Franklin has pretty much every skill that Langford does, and that he will be a contributor and surprise people, but that he still has work to do on putting it all together. 

50 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Just to clarify it, what Colts has said is that there isn't anything that Langford does on the court that Franklin can't do. He is not projecting Franklin to average 16ppg or anything. He's saying Franklin has pretty much every skill that Langford does, and that he will be a contributor and surprise people, but that he still has work to do on putting it all together. 

Now that I can buy into from the beginning this is one of the guys that I think will surprise some people. Thanks for clarifying 

49 minutes ago, BGleas said:

And IU should have brought in any Indiana kid instead of Oladipo. That's a direct quote, from GC, back in the day. I'm just going to leave it there.

7 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Is this the same GC that said Ron Patterson was the best recruit in "The Movement", even better than Yogi! :rollinglaugh: 

Just to clarify, for me anything GC says comes from someone who thinks they know everything there is about basketball, while being something shall I say less than that!

I'm very hopeful for Armaan, and I hope he actually proves GC correct for once in his life!

19 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I won't go that far in any fair comparison. However I will say the 3-4x I saw Armaan play last winter vs city competition he was making all the shots. Deep, midlevel, and finishing hard at the rim. Really excited to see this semi under the radar kid develop over the coming years. 

43 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I won't go that far in any fair comparison. However I will say the 3-4x I saw Armaan play last winter vs city competition he was making all the shots. Deep, midlevel, and finishing hard at the rim. Really excited to see this semi under the radar kid develop over the coming years. 

That’s what Colts was saying. He can do everything Langford can (score at all levels, etc) in terms of a skill perspective, he’s not coming in with a major flaw he needs to fix. Franklin just needs to gain confidence, get comfortable and put it all together. That last part is where Langford was probably head and shoulder above. 

44 minutes ago, BGleas said:

That’s what Colts was saying. He can do everything Langford can (score at all levels, etc) in terms of a skill perspective, he’s not coming in with a major flaw he needs to fix. Franklin just needs to gain confidence, get comfortable and put it all together. That last part is where Langford was probably head and shoulder above. 

Colts was/is a knowledgeable poster. But he was a condescending a-hole to people who disagreed with him.

My knowledge pool on Franklin is very small.  I only saw him at Hoosier Hysteria, and read what others such as his coach said. 

I didn't intend to pay much attention to him at HH, but he caught my eye because he just exudes confidence and acts like he belongs.  Of course, this is largely subjective, but may be important as his career develops.

1 hour ago, slojoe said:

My knowledge pool on Franklin is very small.  I only saw him at Hoosier Hysteria, and read what others such as his coach said. 

I didn't intend to pay much attention to him at HH, but he caught my eye because he just exudes confidence and acts like he belongs.  Of course, this is largely subjective, but may be important as his career develops.

I noticed the same thing.  I wasn't sure how to word it, but he just didn't look like a regular freshman.  He also looked to have a little more weight/body/muscle to him than a lot freshman usually do.   I'm not trying to base too much on HH, but that was nice to see.  

4 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I noticed the same thing.  I wasn't sure how to word it, but he just didn't look like a regular freshman.  He also looked to have a little more weight/body/muscle to him than a lot freshman usually do.   I'm not trying to base too much on HH, but that was nice to see.  

Yes, he does have a college ready body already.

On 10/17/2019 at 2:19 PM, Hoosierhoopster said:

And IU should have brought in any Indiana kid instead of Oladipo. That's a direct quote, from GC, back in the day. I'm just going to leave it there.

We've all said wrong things,. I think you're smart enough to know that no opinion, no matter who said it, is always right or always wrong. 

Archived