Sam Dougstrup commits to IU

DC2345

12 hours ago, coachv said:

i'm no football expert but i'd say this guy is going to end up a lineman

Interesting take.  It wouldn't be the first time a TE bulked up and converted.

I am intrigued by the Feeney kid we got from Missouri who is a guard.  I think tough, nasty, no-nonsense interior linemen are not discussed often but they are essential.  One thing I like about Stepaniak is he doesn't put up with any BS from the opponent. And he's absurdly strong with a good frame.  He may put up the most reps for the 225 bench at the combine.  I would love to see Cronk come back and play inside next year.  Cronk inside with Bedford and Jones at Tackle may be a heck of a start of a line.  So his injury is awful for the young man, but the silver lining is he can develop inside next year.  Beyond that, we will need some of the young guys step up next year.  Nworah may become a starter.  He was a pretty good recruit out of Texas.  The kid from Columbus will be back.  But there are young guys like Katic, Barozas, et al., who will hopefully step up next year.  Aidan Rafferty out of the DC area was pretty good recruit too and maybe he will be ready to be a backup swing tackle.  Regarding Bedford, he has star potential to me.  He has the attributes of an NFL left tackle, and guys with that makeup tend to go really high in the draft.  He may be on that track.  Time will tell.

5 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Matt Weaver (who is usually tuned in pretty well and doesn’t just make stuff up) on Twitter yesterday:  

“This appears to be a preferred walk-on commit for #iufb”

I saw somewhere that he either was injured or is injured, so that might have led to his offers not being available anymore?  No idea if accurate or not, but that could explain the PWO status a little.

16 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

St. Ignatius is a really, really solid program.  Top 10 in the state of Ohio.  That's a great program to build a pipeline into. 

Having followed Ohio school boy football for decades, I can attest to the strength of this program.  Though they are have a struggle, right now, standing at 3-4.  Always a great program, willing to play the best in the state. 

11 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Having followed Ohio school boy football for decades, I can attest to the strength of this program.  Though they are have a struggle, right now, standing at 3-4.  Always a great program, willing to play the best in the state. 

And sometimes outside of it.  Noticed they played DeMatha (Oladipo's alma mater) this year. 

And I do give the 5 Catholic giants in Ohio (Moeller, St. X, St. Edward, St. I, Elder) a degree of credit: They all play each other almost every season, if not every season.  And those 5 account for 29 of the 46  Ohio Division 1 state titles since divisional play started in 1972. 

Archived