Maryland Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Say what you will about how it looked, in 99% of prior seasons we'd have lost this game.

We certainly didn't look great, but think about it: we didn't look great and won. That's progress. We don't need a superhuman effort from half the roster to eke out a win against a comparable team.

And kudos to Peyton Ramsey. Ready at a moment's notice and did just enough. Lots of guys would have let their ego take over and transferred when he lost his starting job. He's definitely good enough to start at a lower D1 school. But he didn't. You don't hear it very often about a backup QB, but this kid is a true leader.

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I predict he ends up being a top flight coach someday.  He's got all the hallmarks.

His dad has been the head coach at Cincinnati Bishop Elder for the past 20+ years, and has a career winning percentage around 70% with 2 Division 1 state titles.  20+ years as a head coach and he's still only around 50 years old.

If Peyton becomes a successful head coach at some level, I won't be surprised if the least.

3 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

His dad has been the head coach at Cincinnati Bishop Elder for the past 20+ years, and has a career winning percentage around 70% with 2 Division 1 state titles.  20+ years as a head coach and he's still only around 50 years old.

If Peyton becomes a successful head coach at some level, I won't be surprised if the least.

Plus their stadium is so BA. 

3 minutes ago, Bob said:

What’s the story on Penix? Does anyone know what’s going on with his shoulder I assume? 

Allen said it wasn't related other injuries. Never again do I want an IU football team to not have 2 starting QB's on roster. PR's ability to step in possibly saved a season and one step closer to bowl eligibility.

I'll echo what others had posted. Getting these wins while playing 15+ F/S consistently. Maybe we finally did turn the corner as a program??

7 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Enjoy the rest of this season. Big Ten did us no favors next season. At Wis, at O.St, At Mich sandwitched around W.ky and Ball st. @ home. to start the season.

I'm going to stay in the present and focus on cheering for IU to make a bowl this year...but to follow up on your point. Next year's schedule is in my opinion setup much easier to make a bowl game. 

23 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Enjoy the rest of this season. Big Ten did us no favors next season. At Wis, at O.St, At Mich sandwitched around W.ky and Ball st. @ home. to start the season.

Im more  interested in the rest of this season and winning a few more games...the only looking ahead that needs to be done is beating Nebraska 

The die hard basketball fan and casual observing football fan of iu are taking notice.   I would say a win over an old time power like Nebraska and things start really buzzing.  That's where I'm at.  Don't get upset at fans that have been given very little fulfillment of promises for decades.  This was a great win that past IU teams found a way to lose.  It was also however a depleted Maryland team.  That name doesn't create buzz like a win next weekend will.  

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Allen said it wasn't related other injuries. Never again do I want an IU football team to not have 2 starting QB's on roster. PR's ability to step in possibly saved a season and one step closer to bowl eligibility.

I'll echo what others had posted. Getting these wins while playing 15+ F/S consistently. Maybe we finally did turn the corner as a program??

"Turned"? Not yet.

Are turning? Hopefully.

1 hour ago, RoadToZion said:

Their agenda is obvious. Pretty sad. 

A win is a win. 

Not to mention a win that we would normally lose 99% of the time. 

Yep. I just don't understand why people can't be a fan and enjoy sport for what it is, competition. That guy on the other side of the field wants to win and has a gameplan too. 

Archived