Nebraska Pregame Thread

Is it Saturday yet?

At the moment, ESPN's predictor is split straight down the middle: 50-50. Indiana is playing Nebraska.....in Lincoln...and the early line is 50/50. Wow.

Remember how irritating Nebraska has been to us during basketball season? A sport where we're the traditional power. Let's get even.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

Is it Saturday yet?

At the moment, ESPN's predictor is split straight down the middle: 50-50. Indiana is playing Nebraska.....in Lincoln...and the early line is 50/50. Wow.

Remember how irritating Nebraska has been to us during basketball season? A sport where we're the traditional power. Let's get even.

Other things annoying about Nebraska.. the time they visited Nebraska they brought a fair amount of fans. Most of them would tell things like "black shirt defense"... about every 3 plays when they were on defense... they faked probably 4 injuries on defense that game to slow our offense down. 

This games has the ear markings of a game I remember from 1987.  We were on the rise and tOSU was to start a decline.  We went into Columbus and kicked the Bucks in the nuts.  Kind of similar here.  We hope we are on the rise and the Huskers have been on the decline.  We win in Lincoln and it speaks for our validity.  They lose and they continue to scratch their corn silk heads.  I just want to win...but tbh, I want to take quite a few years of frustration out on the cornjerkers.  

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

It has been mentioned a lot of times that the last game against Maryland were games that we used to lose.  On the road, lose the starting QB, usually we wouldn't stand a chance.

This game is another level up from that.  A win in this game would be a huge statement that this isn't the usual IU team.

I hope Maryland was us kicking that door down that always keep us from moving to the next level. Coach Allen said after the Mich St. game we need to learn how to win how to finish a game! Hopefully we did just that’s! Go Hoosiers let’s keep this thing going forward! 

I also want to say my hat is off to Peyton Ramsey! Great job Sat what a team player he is. Soo valuable to the Hoosiers!!! 

5 hours ago, rico said:

This games has the ear markings of a game I remember from 1987.  We were on the rise and tOSU was to start a decline.  We went into Columbus and kicked the Bucks in the nuts.  Kind of similar here.  We hope we are on the rise and the Huskers have been on the decline.  We win in Lincoln and it speaks for our validity.  They lose and they continue to scratch their corn silk heads.  I just want to win...but tbh, I want to take quite a few years of frustration out on the cornjerkers.  

Great win on Saturday and feel likewise. Also - sidebar but took me a quick second to figure out what tOSU meant and cant help but think the t stands for tiny lol. 😂

20 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

It has been mentioned a lot of times that the last game against Maryland were games that we used to lose.  On the road, lose the starting QB, usually we wouldn't stand a chance.

This game is another level up from that.  A win in this game would be a huge statement that this isn't the usual IU team.

i disagree that nebraska is a level up from maryland. nebraska hasn't done doodly squat this season. or for the past bunch of seasons as far as that goes

1 hour ago, coachv said:

i disagree that nebraska is a level up from maryland. nebraska hasn't done doodly squat this season. or for the past bunch of seasons as far as that goes

I don't disagree with you, but I have to believe the environment in Nebraska will be a step up from Maryland. I think we lose against Maryland if Penix doesn't play at all. I think the same will happen in Nebraska (if he doesn't play). 

5 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I don't disagree with you, but I have to believe the environment in Nebraska will be a step up from Maryland. I think we lose against Maryland if Penix doesn't play at all. I think the same will happen in Nebraska (if he doesn't play). 

No question that the environment will be a giant step up from Maryland.  One would have to go all the way back to 1962 to find a time when the Huskers did not sell out their Memorial Stadium.  The entire state turns out for games.  I just read that the weather should be good on Saturday (thanks Seeking 6).  But those fans always turn out regardless of the weather. 

Archived