Nebraska Pregame Thread

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, coachv said:

i disagree that nebraska is a level up from maryland. nebraska hasn't done doodly squat this season. or for the past bunch of seasons as far as that goes

They have tradition...national championships...history.  That's what makes this a little different or step up, in my humble opinion.  I agree, they haven't been really good in some time, but winning on their home field would be special for IU...anytime.  Just my opinion.   😊

1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

They have tradition...national championships...history.  That's what makes this a little different or step up, in my humble opinion.  I agree, they haven't been really good in some time, but winning on their home field would be special for IU...anytime.  Just my opinion.   😊

But this team for Nebraska doesnt. None of that history belongs to them. 

4 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Any word on Penix injury? Sorry, if I missed it. Sort of thought it would be a hot issue today.

Speculation on the interweb that he is in concussion protocol.  Coach said he would be a game time decision (imagine that, ha ,ha). But pressed on the question, as to whether Michael would be practicing this week.... Coach said he would have a better idea, later on Monday.

Just now, milehiiu said:

Speculation on the interweb that he is in concussion protocol.  Coach said he would be a game time decision (imagine that, ha ,ha). But pressed on the question, as to whether Michael would be practicing this week.... Coach said he would have a better idea, later on Monday.

Monday of next week?  LOL

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I would have to say that the coaching staff will frown upon his scrambling and running abilities when he finally comes back. The O line needs to really protect him back in the pocket to avoid another one.....

2 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I would have to say that the coaching staff will frown upon his scrambling and running abilities when he finally comes back. The O line needs to really protect him back in the pocket to avoid another one.....

Well, in fact.  I frowned upon the designated running plays that were called for Penix, prior to his having to leave the game. And posted as much on HSN.   Just did not make sense to me, considering his previous injuries.  I don't mind Penix getting out of trouble when necessary, as much as calling for designated running plays. 

4 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

I don't disagree with you, but I have to believe the environment in Nebraska will be a step up from Maryland. I think we lose against Maryland if Penix doesn't play at all. I think the same will happen in Nebraska (if he doesn't play). 

hope you are wrong. like i said earlier, this year's ramsey appears to be much better than last year. in spite of my better judgement, i am getting excited about a strong finish

3 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

it is just that...history. other schools have been going in there over the last bunch of years and whoopin' them. small schools. that said, should be another full house. never understood the expectation that they would be a good team this year. i said they would not be, and they are not

11 minutes ago, coachv said:

it is just that...history. other schools have been going in there over the last bunch of years and whoopin' them. small schools. that said, should be another full house. never understood the expectation that they would be a good team this year. i said they would not be, and they are not

Hey, that works for me.  I was only commenting on the historical nature of their program.   😊

My original comment on it being a bigger win is two fold.  One, I don't think Maryland is very good.  I think there's a decent chance they don't win another game this year, so that win won't look as good in another month and a half.

Second, like some have mentioned, beating a prestigious program, even when down, has a better look to it.  If you take 2 exactly equal teams, one named South Central Louisiana State University, and the other one named Nebraska, a win against Nebraska will be viewed as a better win by 95% of the country.  Throw in the fact that it will be a packed stadium, that would make it a bigger victory than Maryland, even though I don't think Nebraska is very good either.

Archived