Nebraska Pregame Thread

I am a die hard IU football fan! Have been since 1967! So one thing I’ve learn is any road win is big for IU! That being said ,a win over a Nebraska team no matter how down they may be would be a Hugh victory.

would it be bigger then the Maryland victory YES! Go Hoosiers! 

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

I just read over on the "other" message board that an article was posted in which Kent Sterling stated that Penix had a mild concussion. If true, what is the protocol on a mild vs. a "regular" one?🤨

I feel like anything that results in a headache is listed as a mild concussion.  It takes pretty major symptoms to be a severe concussion. Just based on a mild concussion designation, he could be out anywhere from 1 day to 6 weeks haha.

20 minutes ago, Bob said:

I am a die hard IU football fan! Have been since 1967! So one thing I’ve learn is any road win is big for IU! That being said ,a win over a Nebraska team no matter how down they may be would be a Hugh victory.

I admire your long time passion for IU football, through thick and thin.  And that's a lot of thin.

Me, I love football.  And I don't wear a reversible jacket.  I've been an IU guy since I was single digits in age.  And I stick with IU in all sports.  One reason I am so attached to IU sports, it gives me the feeling of home.

28 minutes ago, Bob said:

I was a high school freshman! Our high school team went up for a game. We sat in the cheap seats behind the end zone! When we left from Southern Ind it was around 60 degrees. At the game by the third Quarter it was snowing! 

IU went into that Minnesota game, undefeated at 8-0.  Even though IU lost. It was a season to remember.

Edit to add :  IU played home games at the 17th Street Stadium, when I was a student. Later it was renamed... Memorial Stadium. 

1 hour ago, Bob said:

I went to an IU Minnesota football game as a young kid in 1967. Never forgot it and backed every IU sports team ever since! 

I saw that IU team beat Iowa in the last 2-3 minutes of the game.  Harry Gonso to Jade Butcher...ahhh, a thing of beauty.  😁

7 hours ago, Bob said:

this is our year finally? this would be a great game to go to. but who goes to nebraska? did you know there are literally no airports in nebraska?

9 hours ago, Bob said:

I was a high school freshman! Our high school team went up for a game. We sat in the cheap seats behind the end zone! When we left from Southern Ind it was around 60 degrees. At the game by the third Quarter it was snowing! 

I was in 8th grade. I remember the Minnesota game. Seems like the score was around 35-0. I remember watching the Rose Bowl and losing to USC 14-3.

There has been more downs than ups with Indiana football for sure. For us old guys we are either crazy for sticking around this long or we truly love our Hoosiers. Most marriages couldn't survive what Indiana football has put us old folks through!

8 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

That's kind of an interesting change. Go from favored by 3 to a 1 point underdog. Worries me that they know something we don't!

Or it's a reflection of one-sided betting activity. A lot of people may have thought "Nebraska is a home dog to INDIANA!?!" and put down huge totals for them to cover/win. Now with them as a very slight favorite, it may even back out.

Remember.. Vegas sets the line to make money, it doesnt set the line to be actually what they think it should be. Usually those are similar or identical, sometimes they're not. 

Vegas's goal is to make money. 

If they think Indiana is -3.. Indiana started at -2... everyone says "well Indiana @Neb hell I'll pick Neb getting two points"... so the line moves to Neb -1.... now Indiana they're getting Indiana for free. 

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

IU has a chance to do something very, very few teams have ever done. Back to back road wins in conference play. I think we did it in 2015. Before that? Can't be often.

More than that, how cool would it be to beat Nebraska and Michigan in the same year?

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

^^^ Thanks for the share, Artesian.

I am sure most of you already know this. But just in case you missed it :

Husker RB Maurice Washington not part of the team right now, Scott Frost says .

My pleasure, Mile....The Washington situation reminds me of former IU RB, Morgan Ellison. Not exactly the same, but both related with sexual misconduct to some degree. 

Archived