Nebraska Pregame Thread

4 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

At a quick glance, it looks like 93 was the last time.  We won 4 straight that year.

Here's a mind blowing/depressing stat.  Since then, we have only won 3 or more conference games 7 times, and have won 0, 1, or 2 conference games 18 times.

TY, I was gonna look it up...but I knew it would bring a tear to my eye.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Really looking forward to this game. The next game is always the biggest but for me this is one of the biggest I can remember.  If last week was 1 small step for IU this week is agiant leap for IU KIND 

I haven't been this excited about a game since '93.  That was a magical season.  

21 minutes ago, rico said:

I haven't been this excited about a game since '93.  That was a magical season.  

That was my freshman year at IU. 1ST bucket game. I was spoiled and thought we were supposed to be good only to realise that my next 9 years living in Bloomington I would spend more time tailgating outside the stadium or working Saturdays than I would attending

7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

That was my freshman year at IU. 1ST bucket game. I was spoiled and thought we were supposed to be good only to realise that my next 9 years living in Bloomington I would spend more time tailgating outside the stadium or working Saturdays than I would attending

Well don't feel bad, by '93 I was used to winning myself.

21 minutes ago, rico said:

Well don't feel bad, by '93 I was used to winning myself.

2 of the best things for me to come from my time at IU , were being able to take coaching classes from Coach Knight and Coach Mallory. Both gave full access to all resources for any student in the class that was serious about coaching 

I'm happy for you long time die hards.  I'm really hopeful for a win this weekend.  I don't care about recent records and Nebraska being down.  Get this win and iu football just may be getting on the map.  It has baffled me how northwestern can field top 25ish teams year after year but iu can't.   That crap ends now.  Let's go.  

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I now there has been other regular season games that have been big like 2007 bucket game against Purdue.  The one huge game that still sticks with me did not end well and that was 87 or 88 at MSU and it was for the big ten lead and a possible Rose Bowl birth.

I was at that game, it was 87 and everyone knew that the winner was going to the Rose Bowl. Andre Rison torched us that day, but I had a great time in East Lansing (what I remember of it).

40 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I'm happy for you long time die hards.  I'm really hopeful for a win this weekend.  I don't care about recent records and Nebraska being down.  Get this win and iu football just may be getting on the map.  It has baffled me how northwestern can field top 25ish teams year after year but iu can't.   That crap ends now.  Let's go.  

The same thing goes for coaches salaries.....So what if CTA is the lowest paid coach in the B1GTEN! Coach Allen knows how it works.... We all know, when you win continuously games you're supposed to including games you're not, .....that's when coaches get PAID! 

7 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Lol sure. I’ve got some swampland to sell you too

you know who else might be interested in your swampland?

the duke lacrosse team

the twelve israeli boys falsely accused by a uk tourist this summer

the tawana brawley accused

19 year veteran navy seal keith barry

aziz ansari

brian banks

the fbi said an average of 22 false reports are filed in our country EVERY DAY

how do you think ellison will fare when he gets released from prison?

i don't share your humor on the subject but you go ahead and keep LOLing

7 minutes ago, coachv said:

you know who else might be interested in your swampland?

the duke lacrosse team

the twelve israeli boys falsely accused by a uk tourist this summer

the tawana brawley accused

19 year veteran navy seal keith barry

aziz ansari

brian banks

the fbi said an average of 22 false reports are filed in our country EVERY DAY

how do you think ellison will fare when he gets released from prison?

i don't share your humor on the subject but you go ahead and keep LOLing

There’s lots to lol about this post but none of it has to do with the topic of rape. 

7 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Leathernecks just posted above that at this point in the season, very few guys are 100% healthy.  And that is what I am addressing.  We have a guy who has missed games due to injury.  And yes, I know Michael's current issue is not related to what has kept him out of games earlier on.  On top of that, we have some members questioning Michael's ability to stay injury free.  So, with all that, my question is why subject a guy with a track record like that to further injury, by drawing up designated QB runs for him ?

because it takes our team to the next level

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

2 of the best things for me to come from my time at IU , were being able to take coaching classes from Coach Knight and Coach Mallory. Both gave full access to all resources for any student in the class that was serious about coaching 

what were coach knight's classes like? were they heavy in strategy and x's and o's? what was his demeanor? 

20 minutes ago, coachv said:

what were coach knight's classes like? were they heavy in strategy and x's and o's? what was his demeanor? 

From Knight absolutely nothing about basketball.  All about how to be successful how to treat people. Things like that. The assistants did all the basketball stuff. Knight mostly told stories and brought in his famous friends

22 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Not if an injury that could have been prevented, takes him out for the remainder of the season.

of course. obviously the qb running effectively makes our offense even more dangerous. i've been openly questioning why penix wasn't running more and was glad to see him get 18 on the first play from scrimmage. hope he is healthy soon. i think penix can have some 100 yard games running in the future

23 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

From Knight absolutely nothing about basketball.  All about how to be successful how to treat people. Things like that. The assistants did all the basketball stuff. Knight mostly told stories and brought in his famous friends

who did he bring in? i'm sorry i did not take his class. how many students were in the class? what were exams like?

1 minute ago, coachv said:

of course. obviously the qb running effectively makes our offense even more dangerous. i've been openly questioning why penix wasn't running more and was glad to see him get 18 on the first play from scrimmage. hope he is healthy soon. i think penix can have some 100 yard games running in the future

As I have said previously in this thread.  I have absolutely no issue with Michael running as part of a play that breaks down.  Or something he takes upon himself to run. He is super effective that way.  Able to make something out of nothing.  Allow him to do his thing on his own. Just don't put him in danger's way, by calling designated running plays for him. 

Archived