Nebraska Pregame Thread

52 minutes ago, rico said:

We are on the cusp of something our younger fan base has not seen in their lifetime concerning IU football.  I want so much to beat the Huskers.  I want the improbable to happen from tomorrow on.  Visions of 10-2 dancing in my head!

Getting the cart way out in front of the horse but I remember one Jblaze that was kinda ridiculed for his 9 win prediction.  Maybe not be such a stretch

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Getting the cart way out in front of the horse but I remember one Jblaze that was kinda ridiculed for his 9 win prediction.  Maybe not be such a stretch

Dammit, a guy can dream can't he?  LOL  I look at tomorrow and it reminds me of 1987.  The scenario is sort of the same.  We lose tomorrow, I will probably smash a TV set....we win I will prolly smash 3 and set the house on fire!  LOL  I jest.  I know one thing...my IU flag will still being flying at full staff with a win, I hate bringing it down to half staff for a loss.  Sadly I have gotten use to it flying at half staff.

23 minutes ago, rico said:

Dammit, a guy can dream can't he?  LOL  I look at tomorrow and it reminds me of 1987.  The scenario is sort of the same.  We lose tomorrow, I will probably smash a TV set....we win I will prolly smash 3 and set the house on fire!  LOL  I jest.  I know one thing...my IU flag will still being flying at full staff with a win, I hate bringing it down to half staff for a loss.  Sadly I have gotten use to it flying at half staff.

Not saying you are, I meant I am in defense of Jblaze prediction I am getting ahead of myself.  Such a better feeling than what we are accustomed to 

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not saying you are, I meant I am in defense of Jblaze prediction I am getting ahead of myself.  Such a better feeling than what we are accustomed to 

I know Bro.  We win tomorrow and dominoes fit nicely in place.  Even the Penn St. game.

21 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

i love me some tom allen. i love everything he says, how he says it, and his demeanor in general. i would have loved to play for him, or my son to play for him. i truly believe he is the guy who is going to get it done finally at indiana. if he can't, i don't know who ever could. i sometimes wonder if fred glass realized this as well and looked for an excuse to jettison wilson. my only worry is if indiana can hand on to coach when he turns the program around

16 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I did watch that game.  Why it still sticks in my craw.  Just like the Cleveland State BB tournament game in 1986 still sticks in my craw. 

Agree.  We need to focus on Nebraska. 

Martinez and Penix? Vedral and Ramsey? McCaffrey maybe? Huskers, Hoosiers take QB calls to kickoff | Football | journalstar.com

and the pepperdine game

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

right. he was the only one. i was the sole 8-5 prediction with a bowl win. 9 or 10 wins would be amazing

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I was a 7-5 or 6-6 guy. Hope I underestimated like crazy

I had 9-3, though I predicted we'd beat OSU (oops!) and Michigan with losses to MSU, PSU, and Neb.  I'd be happy to switch Neb for OSU!

Regardless, I'd still be thrilled with a 7-5 season.  Really anything beyond bowl eligibility is just icing on the cake.

If the team is half as pumped to play this game as we all are to watch it, I sense good things in store!

2 hours ago, coachv said:

i love me some tom allen. i love everything he says, how he says it, and his demeanor in general. i would have loved to play for him, or my son to play for him. i truly believe he is the guy who is going to get it done finally at indiana. if he can't, i don't know who ever could. i sometimes wonder if fred glass realized this as well and looked for an excuse to jettison wilson. my only worry is if indiana can hand on to coach when he turns the program around

Since the day it happened, I have been 100% in the same camp as you. I have always thought Wilson was let go because Glass knew what he had in Allen and didn't want to lose him. And he was tired of Wilson's abrasiveness.

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

Since the day it happened, I have been 100% in the same camp as you. I have always thought Wilson was let go because Glass knew what he had in Allen and didn't want to lose him. And he was tired of Wilson's abrasiveness.

There was more to Coach Wilson, than just being abrasive.   Just saying.  Wrong time. At the wrong place. 

Archived