Secret Scrimmage

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Parakeet Jones said:

I’ve been a bit pessimistic this off season, but after reading this and the early ken Pom numbers, I feel that spark of enthusiasm that has been missing firing up. 

Right. Losing to the preseason KenPom #17 team without our starting backcourt (returning pg and senior leader) is pretty encouraging. TJD will only get better, Brunk had a strong line, sounds like Franklin was impressive, Hunter's line was strong, minus the turnovers. Free throws are worrisome of course. 

It's just a stat sheet with lots of unknowns.  Some interesting things to me are Smith's minutes.  Demezi probably got a bunch of minutes at the 2.  Or maybe Jerome played the 2 and that could explain the 4 turnovers and squash the idea of him being ready to be a scoring guard type.  Brunk mins are what I thought.  Happy to hear about Armaan because the guard depth could be a problem.  

12 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

De'Ron Davis was held out of HH, with a hamstring.  He played today. Albeit half the minutes of Brunk.  Nothing wrong with bringing players back slowly in events or games that don't count.

Agreed. SS just tweeted out that exactly what you just said, mile, that those fellas who did not play were out for precautionary measures.

• Curious as to why TJD only played 17 minutes. But got 11 pts which is good, but only 1 rebound. (guess you had to be there to explain that one)
  • Joey & AL had decent lines, and Joey got 7 rebounds in 20 minutes. Keep it up and it's an easy double-double, if he plays a few more minutes.
  • Race looked like he was a force on defense, but offense hasn't come around yet...
  • Armaan was a great surprise. Best production, shot 40% from 3 pt, but had 7 fouls. That'll get fixed quick.
  • Smith with major minutes and minor rebounds.

Great to see how productive we are without our 2 best guards. Has to be a real confidence builder for Armaan.

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

I think Archie getting a technical here is no small thing. He is engaged with this team. I get a sense he likes this group and is showing  them the in your face fight he expects from them, while having their back.

Glad he got one. There are times during the season a Technical is useful!

Archived