Secret Scrimmage

If you’re questioning CoachSS, you’re either

A.) new to the board and not very savvy and need to learn to watch posts for a while before sticking your foot in your mouth

OR

B.) you’re completely ignorant 

I’m gonna pray you’re A...might sound bad but own that one, it’s the lesser of two evils.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, zerawkid said:

I read it the same way. Your insistence that SS explain his connections, I think in no fewer than four posts in this thread, read as someone who was at least moderately skeptical.

You can claim there were misinterpretations made by myself and bluegrass, but I think we have pretty decent cause for making educated assumptions about your intent.

In the future, as per my earlier suggestion, rather than making a public show of it, reach out privately to the individual in question rather than dressing him down for all to observe.

1) i don't think you and i have the same definition of insistence

2) is zero less than no fewer than four?

3) everyone calm down. i just asked a question. how was i to know coach ss was the christ child?

4 hours ago, CoachSS said:

@coachv

I follow IU pretty closely. Fortunate enough to know a lot of great folks with common/ similar interests. 

Go Hoosiers. 

are you samuel t. story on linked in? that would be following iu pretty closely. i am not doubting. if i met you in a bar and we were having a beer and talking about the team, i would ask you the same thing. don't mind the drama queens trying to start something. fan forums are a wacky place to discuss sports. but what am i supposed to do, talk to the wife?

7 hours ago, coachv said:

1) i don't think you and i have the same definition of insistence

2) is zero less than no fewer than four?

3) everyone calm down. i just asked a question. how was i to know coach ss was the christ child?

As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, your conversational style, whether you’ll ever own up to it, is one that won’t be suffered kindly by many. If your goal is to ruffle feathers, I think you’re off to a terrific start.

Enjoy your time here at HSN!

6 hours ago, coachv said:

are you samuel t. story on linked in? that would be following iu pretty closely. i am not doubting. if i met you in a bar and we were having a beer and talking about the team, i would ask you the same thing. don't mind the drama queens trying to start something. fan forums are a wacky place to discuss sports. but what am i supposed to do, talk to the wife?

Like I was saying...many people come on the boards asking people to "prove it"...reveal sources etc. It get's tiring for those close to the program etc. If you have a question maybe just look at his posting history. Heck I knew about 99% certainty who he was because I saw his name on twitter following the team etc and him posting almost identical information on the sites and in comments on other IU sites. We have some people that are close to the program...does it mean they get it right 100%..no..because even the program misses on a kid or has different opinions on things but they like to share what they are hearing..how things are trending because it's kind of family over here.

There are others besides coach like that on the site...I'm not saying you are bad for because you questioned him...but let's just say it's not proper etiquette on a message board to call people out like that.  A simple private message often times is enough. There are some that pick anonymous names etc because they do like to have a level of anonymity and calling them out publicly is not going to get an answer. For example your name is coachv...we know you must be a coach of something but that's about it...mine for example is simply my first and last name...I don't mind people knowing who I am. Also when you are an a bar and you introduce yourself most people say their name and who they are/what they do first and then ask about the other person. You don't just walk up to someone and say "Who are you?...how do you know that?...at least not in my experience..if you do you might be careful..you might end up with a bloody nose one of these days lol. So if you prefer to remain anonymous you might just properly identify yourself in a private message when asking about someone else instead of doing it in a public forum. People have done that with me and I had no problem telling them about my background etc. No one is better than anyone else on here and I don't think too many act or post that way. Just because we have a lot of coaches around the state on here they are just as respectful of the knowledge some that aren't..same with those that have friends inside the program. I promise...if 10-15 people are saying you came off a bit abrasive then just know your post came off that way and we are just trying to help you. We aren't the message board police...we have admins for that :P.  Yes we may do things a little different around here...maybe we conduct ourselves a little more formally than other sites but that is why HSN is the best place to talk IU basketball. We like to think of ourselves as friends of the family...and treat each other a little differently than the other sites. I greatly appreciate the warmness here at HSN.

9 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

If you’re questioning CoachSS, you’re either

A.) new to the board and not very savvy and need to learn to watch posts for a while before sticking your foot in your mouth

OR

B.) you’re completely ignorant 

I’m gonna pray you’re A...might sound bad but own that one, it’s the lesser of two evils.

Guys.  I'm giving coachv some grace.  In the last few days, in the Maryland post game thread he revealed to me that he is 11teen.  It took me a minute to compute, actually thinking he was 111 before coming to terms that he's 21 lol.  He's eager and a fan.  Fairly new here and obviously young.  

8 hours ago, coachv said:

Perfect example of questions that should be privately inboxed to him.  Posting this publicly is the definition of puttimg him on blast because as soon as he ignores you, as I would, that makes him look bad.  Whether he chooses to converse with you is up to him.  I have asked him for clarification on certain things in a curtious and respectful manner and the vast majority of time he answers.  

Why would he or any "source" say, talked to Archie last night,  or talked to Ostrom the other day, or Elston, or maybe they are friends with or coached one of our players along the way and that player is giving them tibbits.  How's that going to look if he says, Armaan told me such and such.  Think about it.  

5 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Perfect example of questions that should be privately inboxed to him.  Posting this publicly is the definition of puttimg him on blast because as soon as he ignores you, as I would, that makes him look bad.  Whether he chooses to converse with you is up to him.  I have asked him for clarification on certain things in a curtious and respectful manner and the vast majority of time he answers.  

Why would he or any "source" say, talked to Archie last night,  or talked to Ostrom the other day, or Elston, or maybe they are friends with or coached one of our players along the way and that player is giving them tibbits.  How's that going to look if he says, Armaan told me such and such.  Think about it.  

i don't know what putting him on blast means but i'll assume it's a bad thing. i come here to talk hoops and football, not to get embroiled in your contrived melodramas. if you want to pretend i'm trying to insult someone, bitch about it with the others who spend every waking hour here. i'm not interested. happy to weed out you and your ilk. maybe i need to start using those cutesy emojis

3 minutes ago, coachv said:

i don't know what putting him on blast means but i'll assume it's a bad thing. i come here to talk hoops and football, not to get embroiled in your contrived melodramas. if you want to pretend i'm trying to insult someone, bitch about it with the others who spend every waking hour here. i'm not interested. happy to weed out you and your ilk. maybe i need to start using those cutesy emojis

By the tone of your post you probably would be happier over on rivals because your style is more suited over there.

28 minutes ago, coachv said:

I take it this means you are rejecting my taking up for you while also giving some very simple advice.  The vast majority of the guys on here have welcomed you here and want you here. Are you trying to not be welcomed here?  I'm not getting your style.

10 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I take it this means you are rejecting my taking up for you while also giving some very simple advice.  The vast majority of the guys on here have welcomed you here and want you here. Are you trying to not be welcomed here?  I'm not getting your style.

If I put everyone on ignore that came back at me and disagreed with me then I would have about everyone on here on ignore.  I have never once even thought about putting anyone on this board on ignore because no one has ever made it personal on here.  Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean you should just ignore what that person is saying.  On other sites I have been on I have putt some on ignore because they always made things personal and went overboard with their responses.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

If I put everyone on ignore that came back at me and disagreed with me then I would have about everyone on here on ignore.  I have never once even thought about putting anyone on this board on ignore because no one has ever made it personal on here.  Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean you should just ignore what that person is saying.  On other sites I have been on I have putt some on ignore because they always made things personal and went overboard with their responses.

Scott if you did that you would be here by yourself.  You know most of it is in good fun and some discussion among fanatics 

Wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or not but since this one has the most action I'll post here. Apparently Sage Steele and several former IU players will be at the Bluebird on November 16th. She just announced on twitter. Not sure of the reason or cause but thought I would pass along.

32 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or not but since this one has the most action I'll post here. Apparently Sage Steele and several former IU players will be at the Bluebird on November 16th. She just announced on twitter. Not sure of the reason or cause but thought I would pass along.

Ah the Bluebird.  I have a lot of fond memories of that place.  Well honestly I can't remember any of them but I know I was there quite a bit back in the day.

Archived